Head Of Service - Children and Adults Disability Social Work Team
|Job Title:||Head Of Service - Children and Adults Disability Social Work Team|
|Salary:||£46 - 58 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
We are currently looking for a Head Of Service - Children and Adults Disability Social Work Team. You will be working in Barnet for the council.
Monday - Friday
Pay rates negotiable
The Head of Corporate Parenting will take the strategic lead in relation to services to children in care and care leavers within Barnet Family Service, ensuring good quality care planning for all looked after children and care leavers and the sufficiency use and quality of placements including the effective commissioning of external placements. The role is responsible for the delivery of these services within set budgetary parameters for their ongoing service improvement and works with a range of internal and external partners to achieve effective outcomes for the children and young people of Barnet.
- To lead and supervise the Assistant Heads of Service across the Corporate Parenting teams, overseeing all services for looked after children and care leavers to ensure high quality permanence, planning and tracking in line with statutory regulations and guidelines.
- To secure the best possible outcomes for all children and young people who are looked after and all the care leavers in touch with the Service.
- Promote Resilience Based Practice ensuring resilience based approaches are understood, embedded and evidenced in practice
- To produce regular and high quality, analytical and concise written and verbal reports and briefings for the senior leadership team on practice quality and service developments
- Set objectives for the service, develop plans, identify resources and mobilise staff to meet those objectives to ensure the needs of children, young people and their families are met.
- To provide practice leadership to drive organisational change and improve professional and operational practices through delivery of training, observation of practice, modelling, live supervision, group supervision, quality assurance activities and hands on practical support to the children’s workforce in managing high risk and complex case work.
- To deputise for the Director of Children’s Social Care as required and taking the lead in relation to specific projects and service developments.
- Monitor support and challenge compliance with statutory responsibilities and procedures
- To support the recruitment and retention of staff, embedding a ‘grow your own’ workforce strategy which creates opportunities for career progression, continual professional development of the workforce to drive reform and improvement of services so they effectively identify and respond to children, young people and their families need.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Herefordshire - Assessment Team-Children's Social Work Manager
Salary: £41.66 - 41.66 per hour
North Somerset Council Social Worker - Advanced (Childrens) MASH Team
Salary: £40 per hour
Lancashire County Council - Qualified Social Worker - LAC Team
Salary: Market related
Cardiff Council - Specialist Consultant Worker - IFST Team G9
Salary: £42 per hour