Head of Service - Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
|Job Title:||Head of Service - Special Educational Needs and Disabilities|
|Salary:||£500 per day|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||about 2 years ago|
We are currently looking for a Head of Service - Special Educational Needs and Disabilities to work with one of our clients based in Rotherham. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift times may vary
Day rate up to £500 per day
The post holder will have responsibility for leading and managing services to assess and meet the needs of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and ensure that service providers across a multi-agency system work together to deliver positive outcomes for children and young people as identified in the Rotherham SEND Strategy.
The Head of Service for SEND will have responsibility for ensuring that Rotherham carries out its statutory duties in relation to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities as set out in the Children and Families Act 2014 and in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years.
As well as working strategically with partners from across the system, the post will lead the local authority’s inclusion, educational psychology, SEND advice and education, health and care plan teams.
- Lead a system-wide response (including local authority, education, and health) to assessing and meeting the needs of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and delivering positive outcomes.
- Ensure that Rotherham carries out its statutory duties in relation to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities as set out in the Children and Families Act 2014 and in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years.
- Ensure that Local Authority services are responsive and flexible with regard to the needs of children with Special Educational Needs and their families and that these are delivered to a high standard.
- Identify clear objectives for service delivery, including management of risk, and develop and performance manage relevant action plans to ensure effective and efficient implementation
- Lead and develop a range of specialist professionals (including senior managers, qualified teachers and Educational Psychologists) to deliver high quality performance and have a positive impact on outcomes for children.
- Assess political pressures and agendas on service delivery and tailor plans/activity accordingly whilst ensuring appropriate challenge is made and governance adhered to
- Pursue best practice and value for money within the Service through the establishment of effective systems of governance and accountability, target setting, performance management and procurement. Identify opportunities to deliver strategies that will reduce pressure on the
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Ben Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available