Health and Safety Consultant - Norfolk
|Job Title:||Health and Safety Consultant - Norfolk|
|Salary:||£18.50 - 18.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||8 days ago|
Health and Safety Consultant – Norfolk
Salary: £18.50ph – Umbrella
Full-Time (37 hours) Initially running until March 2021
- Working with organisational stakeholders to understand customer needs, issues and barriers to compliance in order to develop solution options that work for the customer and provides a reasonably practicable approach to compliance with the law. Effecting change in behaviours and approach through the use of influencing and negotiating skills in order to embed a high standard of health and safety across the organisation.
- Provide high quality, effective and efficient Health and Safety professional support and advice services to senior managers, managers, headteachers and employees of Norfolk County Council, partnership agencies and external customers.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with customers, identifying opportunities and making recommendations to add value to the services provided.
- Deliver health, safety and well-being services to ensure effective and proportionate management of risks by NCC and external customers and support the delivery of the strategic HSW approach. Examples of activities include:
- Interacting with and influencing key corporate stakeholders to effect change and secure improvements in health and safety management. This will often include the application of innovative thinking using first principles rather than reliance on established practice to identify and negotiate acceptable solution options.
- Monitor and review health and safety practice and compliance against NCC standards through inspections, service reviews, investigations and other interactions to influence and effect change in behaviour and secure sustainable improvements in compliance and management of those services that you work with. Visits appropriate to the knowledge and grade (high complexity, high risk) will be allocated by the Health and Safety Manager on a quarterly basis.
- Provide advice to internal and external customers utilising innovation and creativity to resolve non-standard queries, engaging with the service, negotiating and influencing them to take ownership of the resolution to ensure implementation and compliance.
- Research, design, commission, manage and deliver the NCC health and safety learning and development offer that supports key organisational priorities, risks and identified areas for improvement. This will include understanding customer needs and interpreting these to develop bespoke training where appropriate and following training needs analysis.
- Develop and manage the delivery of health and safety improvement projects over the short to medium term (1-3 years) to deliver agreed outcomes and objectives.
- Proactively review, develop and produce policies, procedures, guidance and other tools that provide clarity and simplicity for complex technical areas in a way that will support and influence organisational compliance
- Manage and deliver contracts with providers on behalf of the organisation e.g. first aid training contract or with established external customers such as academy trusts or public sector client groups.
- The Health and Safety Consultant will be expected to manage and prioritise this varied workload with competing timescales appropriately and effectively.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's