Health Care Assistant - Leicestershire
|Job Title:||Health Care Assistant - Leicestershire|
|Salary:||£9.54 - 9.54 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Nanayaw Kyeremeh|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Health Care Assistant – Leicestershire
About the job Main duties:
- To support service users in a structured and consistent way to undertake a range of social care tasks such as washing, dressing/undressing, showering and bathing, meal preparation, domestic activities, engaging in community activities, working to a graded programme to help optimise their level of ability and independence.
- To deliver agreed individual reablement programmes (with guidance and instruction from the therapists and managers) which include tasks such as identifying suitable assistive technology equipment and demonstrating the safe use of such equipment, advising on strategies for managing fatigue and pain, preventing falls, using adaptive techniques e.g. one handed or seated activities.
- To use supportive and motivational approaches to help service users identify and achieve their goals and build confidence.
- To undertake a range of delegated health care tasks as required e.g. prompt
- prescribed medication: support the application of prescribed creams, eye and ear drops, catheter care, prompting exercises as prescribed by the physiotherapist.
- To provide written observations of the person’s circumstances, whether
- improvement or deterioration, to help with the progression and review of the
- reablement programme.
- To respond to any emergency situations, by taking the appropriate action e.g.
- contacting a doctor or the ambulance service etc.
- To liaise closely with Managers and Co-ordinators, promptly informing them of any circumstance that requires an immediate response.
Salary is £ 9.54
Requirements for the role
- Skills and Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to record observations relevantly and accurately.
- Able to work effectively on own as well as part of a team.
- Able to safely move and handle people who are experiencing difficulties with mobility.
- Commitment to delivering high standards/quality of care and support
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond effectively, and remain calm in crisis situations
- Commitment to anti discriminatory practice
- Basic I.T skills sufficient to write and maintain records.
- Driving licence and use of motorised vehicle
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information, please apply with your up to date CV or email Jodi Jackson on JodiJ@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available