Health Protection Practitioner
|Job Title:||Health Protection Practitioner|
|Salary:||£18 - 22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Health Protection Practitioner
LOCATION: Castlewood, North Somerset
PLACEMENT: from 23rd November 2020, ongoing. 37 hours a week
PAY: PAYE from £18 per hour and Umbrella from £22 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Health Protection Practitioner to work for North Somerset Council.
The post holder will be responsible for preventative, outbreak and incident management as part of the council’s COVID-19 response team, working with colleagues and key partner agencies, to ensure outbreaks, clusters and incidents are responded to effectively and in line with the Local Outbreak Management Plan, supporting contact tracing, infection prevention and control activity. The post holder will also work with priority groups and high-risk settings, demonstrating skills in health protection gained by professional qualification and experience, to implement agreed measures effectively
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the day to day COVID-19 health protection response, using professional judgement in the provision of specialist advice and escalation of complex issues, to effectively manage and prevent further outbreaks at a local level.
- Manage and carry out functions to support local incident management and contact tracing response, mobilising link workers and completing records accurately and in compliance with local procedures.
- Contribute to development and design of effective surveillance systems for local outbreaks and interpret data to inform and influence local response strategies.
- Engage with key stakeholders in all sectors to improve communication, best practise, peer support and learning at a local and regional level to enhance the response and preparation in the case of local outbreaks for COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- Lead projects and defined areas of work in collaboration with others as agreed, such as COVID-19 outbreak management, impact on winter preparedness and other wider environmental hazards.
- Provide training and support to others, as appropriate, to enable health improvement and health protection at every opportunity.
- Contribute to and undertake evaluation of audits for COVID-19 responses, contact tracing and other Business Continuity plans impacted by and involved with pandemic responses.
- Engage with key managers both within and external to the council to agree and establish opportunities for improving and shaping local, regional and national public health agendas.
- Degree-level education / equivalent clinical qualification in a relevant subject (health/environmental health related)
- Possession of a post-graduate diploma in a relevant public health discipline
- Up-to-date knowledge of effective health improvement and health protection strategies including pandemic responses
- Knowledge and experience of needs assessments and service reviews and the monitoring and evaluation of health improvement and health protection outcomes
- Experience in programme management, including establishing such processes from scratch, prioritisation and planning complex projects and activities, working to plans and adapting such plans as necessary, performance management and risk management
- Experience of providing interactive training
- Ability to deliver work and projects to specification and on time and to budget
- Ability to research, interpret and present data and information to a wide range of audiences
- DBS check
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies, please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's