Health Protection/Infection Prevention Lead
|Job Title:||Health Protection/Infection Prevention Lead|
|Salary:||£400 per day|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||28 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Health Protection/Infection Prevention Lead
LOCATION: Bexleyheath, Kent
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 35 hours per week
PAY: from £400 per day
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Health Protection/Infection Prevention Lead for our client based in Bexleyheath, Kent. Currently the post will focus on providing advice and support for a range of settings including schools, care homes specifically in relation to Covid-19. This post currently involves working from home.
Purpose of the role will be to support the Director of Public Health in delivering the corporate vision for Bexley particularly the key Health Protection aspects of the Public Health Outcomes Framework. This would be achieved by taking the lead in ensuring there are clear and robust Health Protection and Infection Prevention arrangements embedded across a range of organisations which aims to protect the health of the public in Bexley.
The Health Protection and Infection Prevention Lead is required to influence the commissioning of a range of services, developing, implementing and performance managing specialist key success indicators which will measure progress towards achieving national and local targets.
In addition, the post holder is required to provide expert advice to Bexley NHS CCG on all Infection Prevention and Control matters. This extended role to the CCG includes quality monitoring of local providers against national Infection Prevention and Control standards and evidence based best practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Development of local policies and strategies to reduce healthcare associated infections in primary care.
- Develop a health protection and infection prevention strategy for Bexley.
- Take delegated responsibility for the Director of Public Health’s health protection assurance function, and provide Health Protection support and advice to the DPH and undertake specific work programmes for London Borough of Bexley (LBB) which provides assurance to the DPH
- Provide key/relevant information to the DPH to take to Bexley’s Health and Wellbeing Board about potential threats to health and ensure the Board is clear about the contribution they make to Health Protection.
- Lead on the Health Protection and Infection Prevention for Public Health and contribute to the overall service development.
- Ensure excellent communication pathways are established and maintained with key staff in LB Bexley e.g. Adult and Children’s Social Care, Environmental Health and Public Protection.
- Collaborate with the departments in London Borough of Bexley e.g. Environmental Health, Adult and Children’s Social Care and Emergency Planning on ad hoc assignments to protect the health of the population in Bexley.
- Contribute to the Emergency Preparedness Resilience and Response (EPRR) Partnership and appropriate subgroups to ensure that effective plans are in place to protect the public’s health from incidents and outbreaks
- Development of an improvement plan for the reduction MRSA blood stream infections and assess its success once implemented.
- The post holder is a member of the Bexley Borough resilience forum and provides specialist insight and recommendations to develop emergency preparedness plans for the borough.
- Oversee, monitor and provide advice and support to Social Care Services, including Care Homes, General Practitioners, General Dental Practitioners, Community Ophthalmologists and Pharmacists and other health community organisations to ensure they comply with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and Care Quality Commission requirements.
- Development of care pathways with local hospitals to ensure that patients with infections are appropriately discharged back into the community
- Provide health protection and infection prevention and control advice via the DPH to LBB CEO, Directors and Councillors, drawing on information from Public Health England as necessary
- Provide oversight of the health protection system, including the vaccination and immunisation programmes delivered by NHS England (London), in Bexley and of performance in these areas
- Advise on innovative opportunities and support all departments in their strategies and programmes to maximise benefits for the population of Bexley.
- Provide advice and collaborate with Public Health England in the investigations of community outbreaks of infection and be an advocate for strategic action to promote resilience to a wide range of internal and external partners/organisations (eg schools, care homes)
- Registered on NMC or GMC "live" Register
- Master's level education in Public Health / Infection Prevention / Risk Management related degree OR
At least 5 years’ experience within the last 5 years, three of which should have been spent in the area of Health Protection and infection prevention/control
- Evidence of further study relevant to Health Protection as demonstrated through completion of short courses, personal study or other CPD activities
- Experience of teaching all levels of health care staff
- Be an expert professional with a clinical background in nursing or medicine and who has had a sufficiently broad and encompassing training with the ability to demonstrate an advanced level of health protection and infection prevention knowledge and skills.
- Extensive post registration experience in clinical setting
- In-depth experience of Infection Prevention and Control
- Experience of planning and developing teaching sessions
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of Infection Control standards, policies practices and guidance
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of the current issues that face health protection including future challenges and opportunities.
- Knowledge of government frameworks and targets
- Sophisticated understanding of health protection/ infection prevention and the approaches and tools used to improve health and wellbeing in this specialist area.
- High level of knowledge of effective interventions in own expert area
- Leadership skills in this role are seen to be essential as the post holder will be expected to understand key strategies in national developments in health protection and will have the ability to influence and persuade up to and including senior executive teams, and consensus building within and across stakeholder groups.
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies, please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's