Helpdesk and DLO Manager - Hammersmith & Fulham
|Job Title:||Helpdesk and DLO Manager - Hammersmith & Fulham|
|Location:||Hammersmith & Fulham|
|Salary:||£143.83 - 200.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
Helpdesk and DLO Manager – Hammersmith & Fulham
DAY RATE OF £143.83 – PAYE OR £200 – UMBRELLA
Full-Time (37 hours)
- As Contract and Direct Labour Manager you will provide a comprehensive Hard Services maintenance and project management support service to the Council's property portfolio, with responsibility for efficient operation of the Councils properties, whilst ensuring comprehensive statutory compliance throughout the estate
- The role will require a proactive and practical hands on approach to the requirements of this role, this will involve both office based works and inspection of contractors’ and DLO’s works undertaken within the council's facilities and sites on a regular basis, together with meetings with internal team Council members and the public which will require excellent communication skills at all levels.
- The role includes responsibility for managing all aspects of both pre-programmed and reactive maintenance of existing and future Hard Services (Building Services and Building Fabric) installations in accordance with good industry standards (based on SFG20) by out sourced and in-house teams to ensure comprehensive compliance with legislation and the management of the efficient operation of the facilities.
- The role includes the requirement to survey, review and assess the condition of the Council's installed Hard Services (Building Services and Building Fabric), to ensure and confirm the outcome of Contractors/ staff visits are accurate and assist the Head of Hard Services in the preparation of the of the forward maintenance plan and the specification of replacements / refurbishments at the end of economic life or as a result of changing operation requirements. It also includes the specification, tendering and project management of the remedial / refurbishment works and such project works as delegated
- The following is not intended to describe exhaustively the duties of the post, but to give a summary of the duties and responsibilities involved in the role and in achieving the primary purpose of the post, as outlined above.
- To undertake the contract / line management of the Hard Services contractors and the in-house team personnel undertaking statutory and general maintenance, inspections, repairs and refurbishments.
- To assist line management in progressing, the strategy for the transfer of the existing outsourced Hard Services management TFM contract to a new service model which will provide a high standard of maintenance in accordance with good industry standards and ensure full statutory compliance within the Council's estate
- To undertake the Financial management of outsourced Contracts and Directly employed labour resources, as delegated by the Head of Hard Services and approve contractors/suppliers’ orders and invoices, within the role's delegated authority
To liaise with relevant colleagues in Property and Facilities and throughout the Council including the Council's Insurance team, with regards the implementation of safety corrective and preventive actions as a result of:
• urgent works,
• long-term maintenance
• upgrade and refurbishment projects
• capital projects
whilst specifically reviewing, auditing and advising on maintenance requirements.
To undertake continuing professional and personal development as agreed with the Head of Hard Services to maintain the requisite competence, knowledge and skills necessary to perform this critical role to the exacting standard expected.
To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Property and Facilities senior management team
Emergency Call Out
This role includes a provision for the incumbent to undertake Emergency call out duties on a rota basis, to resolve out of hours emergency failures throughout the Council’s Estate
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Community Centre Manager - Hammersmith & Fulham Council
Salary: £20.46 - 20.46 per hour
Team Manager - MASH - North West London
Salary: £41 per hour
Family Hub Coordinator - Blackpool Council
Salary: £15 per hour
Advice & Information Officer - MASH
Salary: £9.72 - 9.72 per hour