Highway Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Highway Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£17.71 - 17.71 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
We are currently looking for a Highway Design Engineer You will be working in Huddersfield
Monday - Friday
09:00am - 17:00pm
Pay rate - £17.71ph
The Major Design Team, within Highway Design, are responsible for the detail design and delivery of major highway schemes across Kirklees. These are often multi million pound schemes which aim to; improve congestion, facilitate economic and housing growth, provide infrastructure for vulnerable road users, improve both public health and help air quality. This role will specifically be working on Transforming City Fund projects for design and delivery.
- Undertake or assist with the detail design of major highway schemes for which an understanding highways and drainage design is needed.
- Work with Transportation colleagues to develop detail design and construction drawings from concept plans.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of contract drawings and documentation for the major highway schemes you are involved in.
- Get involved in other work across the Design team, which may involve schemes generated from; agreements made under Section 38, 278 or 106 of the Highways Act, Maintenance and Safety.
- Undertake or assist in the supervision of schemes being undertaken on site, and keep clear and accurate records of your daily activities
- Undertake the relevant duty holder’s role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, in particular, Designer.Undertake or assist with project management including managing project budgets
- Liaise with and advise various Council departments and partners, including West Yorkshire Combined Authority, on issues relating to major schemes you are involved in, in particular about their impact on our network and understand the need for effective and efficient communication, both written and verbal.
- Be responsible for the wellbeing of yourself and others on a day to day basis and the supervision of Engineers and Apprentices within in your team.
- Travel between sites when necessary, for which you will need a full and valid driving licence, and a willingness to undertake and pass a Kirklees Council driving test.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Harry Cavell on email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's