Highway Engineer - Norfolk
|Job Title:||Highway Engineer - Norfolk|
|Salary:||£21 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Highway Engineer – Norfolk
Salary: £21ph - Umbrella
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To contribute, as a member of the Highways area office management team, to the delivery of the service in order to support the County Council’s vision and the achievement of corporate priorities.
- Manage the locality based sector team in the delivery of the highway maintenance activities and winter services, so that works are ordered and implemented to agreed standards, procedures, specification, programme, legislation, time and budget.
- Develop solutions to maintenance problems and identify schemes which will maintain the highway asset and address identified deficiencies in the network.
- Supervise highway, utility and developer works & manage the sector audit requirements.
- First line response to corporate standards, on highway matters and develop customer focus.
- To support the delivery of Highway related Streetscene activities and work closely with key delivery partners in localities.
- Manage the delivery of the highway and winter maintenance service for an allocated area (sector), including management of the sector team, so that all highway works are suitably ordered and implemented in accordance with procedures, legislation and budget. Undertake, with team, the supervision and audit of Developer, utility and highway works to ensure compliance with specifications and agreed standards.
- Promote and develop positive public liaison and customer focus. Respond to communications from Members, MPs, public bodies and the public so that problems and concerns are suitably addressed within the funding limits available.
- Investigate, positively support and respond to CES locality issues as required.
- Effectively lead and manage the sector team to meet the requirements of the service, including appraisal, coaching and development, recruitment and the management of Health and Safety.
- Work with Town / Parish Councils and elected Members in developing Parish Partnership bids. Where appropriate, lead on the delivery of successful bids.
- Identify needs, specify and prioritise proposals for inclusion in works programmes in conjunction with Area Manager, the Central Maintenance Support team & the Asset Management team.
- Produce capital scheme briefs and update existing schemes briefs for consideration in subsequent years.
- Manage allocated budget for routine and capital maintenance works / programmes to ensure targets are met and appropriate action is taken for revisions to be made
- Participate (as County Controller) in the delivery of winter maintenance and other emergency plans to ensure maintenance of the highway and public safety
- Apply health and safety policies, systems and procedures so that risks are identified and appropriate measures put in place. Continuously monitor laid down systems and review in line with works in progress to ensure the safety of employees, contractors and the public.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's