Highways Clerk of Works
|Job Title:||Highways Clerk of Works|
|Salary:||£28 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Highways Clerk of Works. You will be working around Gloucestershire.
Monday - Friday
09:00am - 17:00pm
Pay rate - £28ph
Delivery the implementation of Large Scale Strategic developer funded highway schemes (including strategic transport infrastructure and new estate roads), ensuring that any works are constructed to the highest standards in accordance with the strategies and policies of the County Council. The delivery of the developer funded schemes require attention to detail and careful management of the associated traffic management and public/Councillor interaction to minimise the impact on the existing network and ensuring that the works are constructed in a durable and environmentally acceptable, low carbon way that ensures future maintenance costs are minimised.
- The role involves undertaking site based quality inspection of new highway and transport infrastructure construction and alterations to the existing highway maintainable at public expense in order to validate its compliance with the approved drawings/specification, best practice and programme. Responsibility for ensuring all materials used meet GCC testing requirements.
- To prepare and assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services.
- To provide timely and accurate advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the general public on all highway-related matters as required.
- To produce daily detailed reports and identify remedials and non-compliance to drawings as works proceed.
- The checking of all Traffic Management layouts providing expert advice on construction methods to minimise impact on the network in liaison with the Street works Team
- You must hold a current, full driving license which is valid for driving in the UK. You may be expected to undertake out of hours duties, as and when required. It is a requirement that there is no smoking in the workplace.
- Monitor works for compliance with approved drawings and specification. Ensuring they are constructed in accordance with the GCC’s Technical
- Specification for New Roads, Design Manual of Roads and Bridges, NRSWA 1991 and TMA 2004 requirements. Inspections to vary according to complexity of schemes. Ensuring all setting out is correct and that works are of a high standard.
- Ensure that works meet the standard required in the relevant specification which will include obtaining samples of materials so that they can be tested and analysed. All work should meet the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and other construction/H&S related law
- To observe the contractor’s operational compliance with Health and Safety legislation and to bring to their immediate attention all noted instances of non-compliance.
- To provide technical advice at the design stage of development proposals and contribute to the production of updated GCC standards and specifications.
- Attend on-site meetings with developers, internal and external stakeholders with regards to issues associated with current and future works.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Harry Cavell on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available