Home Improvement Officer - Greenwich
|Job Title:||Home Improvement Officer - Greenwich|
|Salary:||£22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||12 days ago|
Home Improvement Officer – Greenwich (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £22.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Assisting with the delivery of the Council Home Improvement Service, so as efficiently deliver advice, casework and the administration of all private sector grants and loans [to homeowners, Registered Social Landlords & private sector landlords].
- Undertake activities to proactively identify empty properties and bring them back into use.
- Managing an individual caseload as allocated by the Home Improvement Manager.
- The carrying out of a range of services and functions delivered by the Disability & Home Improvement Team.
- To undertake casework in relation to service users of the Disability & Home Improvement Team. Casework may be carried out via a range of means of communication including home visits.
- Supporting service user[s] through the process of undertaking disabled adaptations, home improvements, repairs and maintenance and general building works to their homes. Such casework may include, but need not be limited to; explaining grant / loan terms and conditions; assessing eligibility for Council financial assistance; assisting with making grant / loan applications; processing applications; preparing the approval notice and any associated documentation; liaising with construction and clinical professionals and generally ensuring that effective client support is maintained.
- To undertake proper and efficient administration of financial systems, as they relate to Council financial assistance, ensuring that; information submitted by service users is correct and verified; means tests are undertaken; all approvals and payments are cross-checked; all compliance checks are carried out on completed grants / loans; grant / loan repayments are pursued as necessary.
- To produce statistical information and run reports to allow the effective management of budgets, performance indicators and other outputs.
- Advising service user[s] by undertaking assessments of need and advising on, evaluating and developing options and alternative solutions, Such solutions may comprise any of the following; providing financial assistance via grants; obtaining donations from other sources; use of savings; obtaining commercial loans and exploring alternative housing. To liaise with and refer the service user to other relevant agencies, as appropriate, and ensure that they maximise take-up of all relevant benefits and allowances.
- To carry out conveyancing activities; undertake searches; analysis of title deeds and other legal documentation; investigating entries on the register; establishment of equity; production and submission of land registry documentation for registration and removal of charges.
- To proactively locate and identify empty properties and undertake activities to bring them back into use. Providing owners of empty properties, the public and others with information and advice on the means to bring empty properties back into use, including advice on legislative requirements; planning, building control, environmental health and housing, and eligibility for funding for repairs and/or improvements. To manage cases through the empty property policy, including; enforced sale, compulsory purchase order and Empty Dwelling Management Orders. To liaise with Environmental Health and Building Control as necessary
- To review and monitor action taken to return empty properties to residential use and report progress on the empty property strategy on a regular basis to officers, members and other interested council departments.
- To manage and prioritise an allocated caseload, identifying and reducing/managing risks, exploring the most effective method of progressing cases and co-ordinating with other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- To liaise with statutory, professional and other bodies so as to ensure that all relevant legal requirements are met.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's