Homeless Assessment Officer - Rotherham
|Job Title:||Homeless Assessment Officer - Rotherham|
|Contact Name:||Kasey Sanders|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Homeless Assessment Officer - Homeless People - Rotherham
Are you a passionate, dedicated, Homeless Assessment Officer looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting Homeless Assessment Officers to work with Homeless People Services in and around Rotherham.
Pay Rates: £13.21 - £16.46 per hour Umbrella Rates.
Overview of the role Homeless Assessment Officer (Full job description is available)
To deputise for the Team Leaders as required.
To work with people in housing need and those who are potentially homeless to identify and address their housing and support needs. To identify problems causing their potential homelessness and provide them with tailored advice and assistance to secure alternative settled accommodation and prevent their becoming homeless.
To work proactively with relevant Council departments, partners and private and registered social landlords to ensure that effective support is identified and implemented to prevent homelessness, ensure timely assessments and support clients into settled accommodation.
To identify the support needs of service users and make appropriate referrals to other Council teams and external agencies.
To ensure performance targets are met maintaining full and accurate records of all contact on the appropriate IT or manual systems.
To ensure manual and computerised records are updated in an accurate and timely manner, and that data relevant to the future development of homelessness prevention and assessment services is written up and reported in an appropriate format.
Assisting clients to access and signposting to other statutory, non statutory and voluntary agencies where relevant.
To highlight any concerns about service users where appropriate to the appropriate agency (e.g. concerns about child protection or adult abuse).
Completion of risk assessments in respect of service users and for communicating these appropriately and confidentially to other staff in the City Council or to other agencies.
To participate with colleagues in any ‘out-of-hours’ rota and to deal with emergency situations occurring outside normal office hours.
- Evidence of and commitment to continuous professional development
- Substantial experience of interviewing and negotiation skills including direct experience of working to prevent homelessness.*
- Experience of homelessness and housing advice work.
- Experience in working with vulnerable client groups.
- Knowledge of the social and financial costs of homelessness to individuals, the local authority and other relevant bodies.
- Knowledge of Landlord and Tenant, Immigration, Welfare Benefits and relevant Social Services legislation.
- Experience of effective interviewing skills.
- A Current Enhanced DBS
- Right to Live & Work in the UK
What we offer:
- We will offer you Excellent & Competitive Rates of Pay, Organised Local Interviews and Free Uniform.
- Flexible hours
- Access to the 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
- You will have a Passionate Dedicated Consultant helping you find the shifts you are looking for with a Contactable 24-hour Support for any out of Hour queries.
- When registering you will be going through our efficient Compliance Service.
- Free Occupational Health Fitness to Work Certificate
We also offer an outstanding referral scheme for any Nurse friends or colleagues.
If you are a Homeless Assessment Officer and would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to The Care Team Or email on, Careteam@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's