Homeless Service Manager
|Job Title:||Homeless Service Manager|
|Salary:||£11 - 17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Homeless Service Manager for our client who operates a supported housing service to single veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and who have support needs.
Many of the service users are ex-servicemen and women who understand the unique needs prevalent to veterans. It’s a friendly, understanding, stable base that helps transform lives.
The site consists of self contained flats and offers services such as Counselling , 1-2-1 intensive support planning, help with basic life skills, access to training and volunteering in the community and access to an employment mentor.
The Homeless Service Manager will be responsible for the operational management of the overall service. Effectively manage a team to provide a high quality customer focused service, ensuring delivery of legislative and contractual performance requirements.
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage the services/s to provide a high quality, customer focused service and be a champion of the clients Service Style.
- Provide motivational leadership, mentoring and coaching to the team, to ensure clarity of direction, effective communication and development of personal potential.
- Manage team performance to deliver outstanding service, by reviewing work outputs, appraising individual performance and setting improvement targets.
- Ensure that the service meets its internal performance targets and any contract specific targets.
- Ensure that the service is compliant with all clients policies and procedures, legislative and contractual requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate recording systems are in place to monitor and report on service performance and compliance. Provide accurate reports to line managers as required, to deadline.
- Participate in the setting and management of service budgets. Monitor spend and report budget variances to the Area Manager.
- Actively build relationships with community partners and promote the client at local stakeholder meetings.
- Apply ‘best practice’ and relevant legislation to service delivery; and promote an environment of continuous improvement. Ensure that corrective action is taken if targets or standards are not being met.
- Ensure that the service complies with Health and Safety legislation and other regulatory obligations, assessing risk and putting in place relevant control measures.
- Develop and promote the highest levels of customer consultation, communication and partnership in all aspects of service delivery.
- Work as part of a management team across the area and region. Also, work closely in partnership with the organisation’s central support teams and other client teams, where appropriate
- respond to complaints and anti-social behaviour issues in line with the clients policy and procedure.
- Participate in the out-of-hours management arrangements for the area/region.
- Experience of working within a homeless/housing and/or support environment
- Experience of working with vulnerable customers
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills
- Good understanding and experience of I.T systems (Microsoft Office and databases)
- Report writing
- To demonstrate IT Skills to include a basic proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as a willingness to learn specific IT systems used within Care and Support; and complete relevant IT training where required.
- Formal care, support or housing qualification & Experience of managing and developing a small team would be desirable
- Enhanced DBS
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's