Homeless Support worker
|Job Title:||Homeless Support worker|
|Salary:||£11.00 - 14.60 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||3 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Homeless Support Worker to assist in the provision of a housing and support service for our client based in High Wycombe.
The service users are predominantly single homeless aged between 18 – 60 years and may have support needs including mental health, physical health, substance misuse, offending.
The Support Worker will be responsible for approx. 15 service users to provide 1-2-1 support, complete reviews of risk assessment and support plan, support the customers with resettlement.
The working hours are 37.5 hour per week. mixture of shifts (9:00am – 5pm / 7:15am – 3:15pm / 1:30pm – 9:30pm) This role includes working some weekends.
The post holder will need to ensure at all times a professional and supportive approach is maintained, especially when assisting clients in achieving their personalised support outcomes. The post holder will also need to assist in the day to day delivery of the service for supported schemes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
- Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
- Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
- Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs on behalf of the client following agreed procedures.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Experience in writing risk assessments and support plans
- Knowledge of the benefit system and resettlement options for the clients customer group.
- Experience of housing management and/or social care environment.
- Ability to resolve the conflict, complaint and being proactive.
- Computer skills upper intermediate is necessary. Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Access, Microsoft word are essential
- The role will need more than admin skills as role holder will have daily contact with residents that have complex needs
- Good communications skills are highly required as the role will also involve working as a part of bigger team as well as external agencies.
- · DBS Check
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's