Homelessness Prevention and Advice Officer - Esher
|Job Title:||Homelessness Prevention and Advice Officer - Esher|
|Salary:||£27 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Homelessness Prevention and Advice Officer – Esher (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £27.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- You will manage a caseload to prevent homelessness wherever possible, developing and keeping under review personalised Housing Plans as required by the Homelessness Reduction Act to ensure they remain relevant, motivating clients to be proactive in sustaining or seeking accommodation.
- You will work to comply with our prevention and relief duties, issuing decision notifications, undertaking full homelessness investigation, determining the duty owed issuing decision letters in compliance with the Council’s duties under the Housing Act 1996 as amended, Homelessness Reduction Act, Codes of Guidance and caselaw.
- You will interview households who are threatened with homelessness and explain what duties may be owed to them including the provision of interim accommodation as appropriate so they are clear on the procedures that will be followed with a focus on finding housing solutions.
- Your main aim will be to prevent homelessness where possible and to work as part of a team operating a frontline customer service including assessing applicants who approach as homeless on the day.
- To provide a responsive service to those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness following a direct approach or having received a referral from a relevant public organisation or from internal teams. To assist members of the public who are in housing need or have housing related enquiries in person, telephone, letter or email. To participate in a duty rota to provide a responsive frontline service.
- To manage client’s expectations advising as to potential housing solutions including Private and hostel accommodation and as to the lower supply of social housing compared to demand. To undertake a holistic assessment of current housing issues and seek out appropriate solutions where possible at an early stage to prevent homelessness.
- To develop Personal Housing Plans with clients as appropriate taking into account the circumstances that led to the threat of homelessness, the housing needs of the applicant and the type of accommodation required and support needed to secure and retain accommodation.
- To issue relevant notices in writing ensuring the reasonable steps to be taken by the client and Council are clear in respect of securing and retaining accommodation. To seek the clients’ agreement to the steps to be taken and to keep this under review until the prevention duty under the Homelessness Reduction Act ends.
- Where homelessness can’t be prevented or already homeless on approach to secure interim accommodation if there is reason to believe the client has a priority need. To investigate the case taking action under relief duties to help the client to secure accommodation for a 56 - day period or to refer cases to another local authority where satisfied local connection criteria is met. To monitor relief cases ending the duty as appropriate.
- To fully investigate homelessness applications and complete records of enquiries updating databases. To assess clients’ needs completing suitability of accommodation assessments To monitor cases set to view or offer under the Search Moves Choice based lettings scheme primarily for homeless cases.
- Where a Part 6 offer is refused, or other accommodation to meet the 6 - month duty, to encourage acceptance of the property and ensure clients receive “Right to Review” documentation as appropriate and assist the Reviewing Officer in obtain further information to complete the review as requested
- To identify and refer cases to the Homeless Floating Support workers / services or Senior caseworker complex needs /customer service, where this will be most effective e.g. those with a history of rough sleeping or complex needs where resettlement is needed to enable rehousing by social or other housing providers..
- To make referrals to the Mental Health or other relevant professional panels and to attend or participate in case conferences as requested.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Homeless Prevention Officer - Leicester
Salary: £17.53 - 17.53 per hour
Concierge & Security Assistant
Salary: £11.00 - 13.50 per hour
Supported Housing Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.70 per hour
Retirement Living Co-Ordinator
Salary: £12 - 14 per hour