Housing Aid Advisor - Nottingham
|Job Title:||Housing Aid Advisor - Nottingham|
|Salary:||£22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Housing Aid Advisor – Nottingham (Temp Vacancy)
Full-Time (37 hours)
The post holder is responsible for providing housing advice, helping prevent homelessness and acting to ensure that the City Council fulfils its legal requirements with regard to the provision of advice and assistance to Citizens in housing need. This will include; intervening on behalf of people facing homelessness, and advocating to prevent homelessness occurring and undertaking inquiries under the Housing Act 1996 VII (as amended).
- To receive and respond to enquiries from members of the public facing housing difficulties by providing good quality advice and assistance on a range of housing issues with a focus on the prevention of homelessness.
- To carry out an initial needs assessment of Citizens approaching Housing Aid confirming eligibility, ensuring that potential risks are identified and mitigated wherever possible in line with the Authority’s safeguarding commitments and to help identify appropriate accommodation resources when Citizens are threatened with or are homelessness.
- To advocate on behalf of customers facing homelessness with the aim of gaining a housing solution and retaining accommodation for the customer where practicable and working in partnership with other agencies internal and external to ensure that the best outcomes are achieved for Citizens.
- Facilitate and support the reconnection of relevant service users to Local Authority and other provision outside of the City.
- Liaise with agencies and services to enable citizens to access provision relevant to needs arising from disadvantage in all its complex forms
- To ensure that both tenants and landlords are aware of their legal rights and responsibilities and to intervene when necessary to assist Citizens to retain their homes and to deal with unlawful harassment by landlords
- To negotiate with landlords in the private rented sector to enable Citizens to access accommodation which is appropriate for their needs.
- To maintain the Council’s records systems in relation to requests for assistance with housing, including homeless persons applications, housing applications and actions in relation to private and other landlords.
- Upon instruction, to construct and issue correspondence in relation to the Council’s duties under the homelessness legislation.
- To investigate the duties owed to citizens under the homelessness legislation and where necessary, to support the citizen to make a formal application for assistance as homeless.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Salary: £11.00 - 14.70 per hour
Income Officer - Social Housing
Salary: £14 - 18 per hour
Housing Services Officer - Bolton
Salary: £16.90 - 16.90 per hour
Homeless Prevention Officer - Leicester
Salary: £17.53 - 17.53 per hour
Retirement Living Co-Ordinator
Salary: £12 - 14 per hour