Housing Applications Officer - Housing Solutions - Southwark
|Job Title:||Housing Applications Officer - Housing Solutions - Southwark|
|Contact Name:||Kasey Sanders|
|Job Published:||27 days ago|
Housing Applications Officer – Housing Solutions - Southwark
Are you a passionate, dedicated Housing Applications Officer looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting a Housing Applications Officer to work in Housing Solutions in Southwark.
To process applications for service users wishing to join the Homesearch bidding scheme. Verifying all documentation and determining if a client qualifies to join the biding scheme. To provide advice and guidance to service users and stakeholders on the Homesearch bidding scheme and alternative housing options. To process all applications requests in line with the allocations policy and relevant legislations.
Pay Rates: £11.05 –£13.76 per hour
Responsibilities of a Housing Applications Officer: (Full Job Description Available)
- Register and assess housing applicants on the Housing Registrations database, to make a final decision on their eligibility to join or remain on the Housing List in accordance with Council policy, procedures and housing legislation.
- Provided detailed advice to service users and external agencies regarding priority for housing as outlined in the Council’s allocations scheme and relevant to their circumstances.
- Provide information and support, including training to internal departments on the Council’s housing registration policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of fraud prevention measures. Make referrals to relevant departments other Local Authority, Housing Associations and agencies.
- Maintain systems to record and amend housing applications, including identifying errors, to store and retrieve such information from the computer systems. Produce statistical data to assist in the monitoring of performance and contribute to service improvements.
- Knowledge of housing legislation as it affects local authority lettings schemes, tenancy matters and homelessness duties including knowledge of relevant Codes of Guidance, case law and good practice
- Knowledge of Equalities legislation and good practice and its application in relation to housing services
- Ability to plan and organise own work to achieve tasks within tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing including active listening
- Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with problems and issues raised by clients and staff.
- Right to Live and Work in the UK.
- Current DBS on the Update Service.
What we offer:
- Access to the 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
- You will have a Passionate Dedicated Consultant helping you find the shifts you are looking for with a Contactable 24-hour Support for any out of Hour queries.
- When registering you will be going through our efficient Compliance Service.
- Free Occupational Health Fitness to Work Certificate
We also offer an outstanding referral scheme for any friends or colleagues.
If you would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to Kasey Sanders Or email on, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's