Housing Benefit Assessment Officer - London
|Job Title:||Housing Benefit Assessment Officer - London|
|Salary:||£20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Housing Benefit Assessment Officer – London (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £20.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To be responsible for all aspects of the assessment of new applications for Housing/Council Tax reduction and renewal of ongoing cases and process those applications utilising Haringey’s Information Technology Systems in accordance with the Benefit Regulations and relevant discretion within the Council’s policies and procedures.
- To have and maintain a comprehensive of Benefits legislation to administer applications for Housing/Council Tax Rebate entitlement and payment, in accordance with Statutory Regulations and the policies, schemes, procedures and practices of the Council.
- Verification of claimant identity, income/capital and crosschecking of data, as specified in the Verification Policy. Use of secure DWP, HMRC and Government systems to check and download confidential information
- To keep an adequate record of all claims made and regularly update information received via the scanning/computer system or manually where appropriate
- To Support identifying potential entitlement to other State Benefits, including underlying entitlement and Second Adult Rebates cases
- To calculate manually, entitlement to Benefits and effect payment as required.
- Have a detailed knowledge of Welfare Benefits and services provided by Government Agencies, and the voluntary sector to advise on service provided, including claim procedures.
- To compose and draft detailed letters utilising Word as and when appropriate in response to enquiries including explanations giving breakdowns of assessments and payments and other routine correspondence from claimants.
- Notifying claimants of all determinations using the appropriate letters, amended as necessary to give clear advice and guidance
- To identify possible fraudulent claims and refer to the Investigation Team for action.
- To maintain statistical records for use in monitoring effectiveness of the Housing Benefit service, Income Collection, and individual performance.
- To attend meetings on an individual, team, area, and section basis relating to all aspects of work including performance.
- To attend training sessions on Housing/Council Tax Support, other Welfare Benefits and relevant Benefits Information Technology systems.
- To assist the wider Income Management Team when dealing with difficult and complex benefit queries.
- Other duties and responsibilities of a similar administrative/technical nature and at a similar responsibility level, which may be allocated from time to time by the management within the Benefits/Income Management Section.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post with due regard to all the Council’s policies.
- All duties commensurate with the grade
Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of all HB assessment and calculations including New Claims, change in circumstances, reviews and reconsiderations. Worked with Atlas, VEP and HBAA . Must also have a good knowledge of iWorld and Information@work systems as well as Northgate NPS. Successful candidate will working with new sign ups to both Temporary accommodation and general needs. Must have knowledge of relevant legislation.
Position is a hybrid role with approx. 2 days working from the officer. Candidate must also have good working knowledge of UC
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Housing Solutions Officer - Ilford
Salary: £26 per hour
Housing Solutions Officer - Barry
Salary: £22 per hour
Benefits and Housing Needs Officer - Hackney
Salary: £22 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Uxbridge
Salary: £20 per hour
Accountancy Officer - Worcester
Salary: £14 per hour