Housing Caseworker / Accommodation Officer
|Job Title:||Housing Caseworker / Accommodation Officer|
|Salary:||£11 - 14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Toni Dunkley|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Housing Caseworker/ Accommodation Officer | Eastbourne
We are looking for an experience Temporary Accommodation officer to join the Housing Needs and Standards team to support the service's response to Covid-19. The post holder will:
- Manage placements into emergency accommodation, completing paperwork and explaining the requirements of the placement.
- Complete sign-ups for temporary accommodation
- Respond to customer queries
- Investigate breaches of placement requirements and complaints on property condition
- Input information on IT systems, and in some cases spreadsheets
- Casework or supporting leads in partner agencies on homeless applicants in temporary accommodation, assessing the risk and vulnerability of customers and considering all aspects of the customer’s situation to provide the best avenue of support and identify most suitable placement
- Assist in the design and development of tools and guidance notes for the area of specialism to enable the team to self-serve and widen their knowledge.
- To promote, create and implement best use of available social media channels to help increase awareness of the councils’ presence in the community and increase available TA stock.
Access and accurately update all relevant information systems, both customer and back office ensuring that the Golden Customer Record is updated and maintained through verification and validation, and in accordance with Data Protection principles.
- Actively develop and maintain a working knowledge of Lewes and Eastbourne Council’s services, processes, and procedures, including developing excellent working relationships with Temporary Accommodation landlords.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to communicate effectively, (face to face, written and telephone) with customers, colleagues, council officers and external agencies.
- Ability to deal with challenging, vulnerable, and distressed customers and difficult situations.
- Ability to actively listen in order to extract and assess important information to ensure that the appropriate arrangements are made to support the customer’s needs.
- Ability to work calmly and sensitively.
- To be confident, flexible and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to use IT systems to gather, store and process information.
For more information and to find other vacancies in your area contact Toni Dunkley on 02085149146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Bournemouth & Poole Council - Housing Officer
Salary: £14.38 - 14.38 per hour
Professional Officer - Shropshire
Salary: £18.63 - 18.63 per hour
Kirklees Council - Resource/Support Officer
Salary: £10 per hour
Senior Planning Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £35 per hour
Programme Support Officer - Worcester
Salary: £12.95 - 12.95 per hour