Housing Liaison Officer - Newham
|Job Title:||Housing Liaison Officer - Newham|
|Salary:||£20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Housing Liaison Officer – Newham (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £20.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To carry out a range of duties as directed within Resident Services, to the Boroughs housing residents, irrespective of tenure. With a strong focus on compliance, enhanced communication, and fire safety, officers will provide excellent services to customers and instil confidence in residents of the borough.
To be responsible for enforcing the terms of tenancy or lease, and co-ordinate enforcement through to court action for breaches of lease and tenancy conditions and other grounds as appropriate.
To deliver the service using a digital by default approach, ensuring those who may be disadvantaged are identified and supported.
- To monitor and respond to enquiries from residents, in person, through correspondence and by telephone.
- To ensure personal objectives and targets are met.
- To interview residents by phone, in the office or via home visits as required.
- Provide expert advice and information to residents in respect of fire safety and housing compliance.
- To coordinate and facilitate resident meetings/forums, surgeries, and multi-agency site visits, taking minutes of meetings where necessary, ensuring they are accurate and comprehensive, and disseminated in a timely manner.
- To carry out regular inspections of the properties that you are responsible for, ensuring that fire safety issues/hazards are identified and dealt with in a timely manner, making and monitoring referrals to relevant service areas where necessary.
- To follow enforcement procedures in response to ASB issues.
- To actively promote to residents the range of payment methods available and signpost customers to the relevant financial or other support available.
- To assist vulnerable residents to sustain their tenancies and address tenancy breaches, including liaison with support networks, reporting and signposting adults that have been identified as having support or other needs to the appropriate services.
- To investigate and to manage all breaches of lease and tenancy until resolution, in partnership with other Council services and external agencies.
- To ensure all sub-let properties are Licensed and fees are collected for the licence/subtenants for Leaseholders that are subletting their property.
- To attend Court or Tribunals to represent London Borough of Newham as necessary.
- To carry out evictions where possession or forfeiture has been obtained, including arranging for properties to be secured, removal of goods and storage and offering advice on homelessness to those evicted.
- To manage and respond to enquiries and complaints from residents and elected members concerning the provision of services.
- To ensure that all files and records are updated using the appropriate corporate systems and to use information technology as necessary, for monitoring, record keeping and statistical analysis purposes.
- To work closely and flexibly with all staff across resident services and other departments to provide an excellent level of customer service and deliver improvements for residents.
- To use initiative to contribute towards the collective output of the team, in order to meet all statutory or other deadlines.
- To liaise with and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external agencies and other service providers.
- To attend meetings and undertake interviews and home visits outside normal hours, as may be necessary.
- To provide support, as deemed appropriate by the Duty Housing Management Officer, when an emergency/out of hours situation arises.
- To carry out any other duties that maybe required within the purpose and grade of the job.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Salary: £11.00 - 14.70 per hour
Homeless Prevention Officer - Leicester
Salary: £17.53 - 17.53 per hour
Retirement Living Co-Ordinator
Salary: £12 - 14 per hour
Homeless Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.70 per hour
Tenancy Sustainment Support Worker
Salary: £13 - 17 per hour