Housing Management Support Officer - West Berkshire
|Job Title:||Housing Management Support Officer - West Berkshire|
|Contact Name:||Kasey Sanders|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Housing Management Support Officer – West Berkshire
Are you a passionate, dedicated Housing Management Support Officer looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting a Housing Management Support Officer to work in Housing Operations Team in West Berkshire.
To provide intensive support to applicants who are at risk of homelessness, to include attending possession hearings to provide support, signposting and referring to other agencies that can provide relevant support and assisting with general finance management.
To provide support as required to applicants residing in temporary accommodation provided by the Council, to include assistance with budgeting, getting into employment and seeking accommodation.
Pay Rates: £17.35 - £21.60 per hour
Responsibilities of a Housing Management Support Officer: (Full Job Description Available)
- To provide a reactive service to applicants who are at imminent risk of homelessness and who require intensive support to sustain and maintain their tenancies.
- To support applicants in court during possession hearings and to liaise with the landlord both pre- and post-court to ensure a plan is in place to prevent the applicant’s eviction.
- To provide support to the Housing Management Officer during periods of absence or where a household has accrued rent arrears or has issues relating to anti-social behavior.
- To provide support to residents of the Council’s Gypsy and Traveller site, to include support with budgeting and accessing services.
- To provide support to statutorily homeless households who are provided with temporary accommodation by the Council, supporting with budgeting, maximizing income, getting into employment and assisting with removing barriers such as the overall benefit cap.
- Educated to degree (graduate) level or equivalent in a Housing-related subject or equivalent and must have GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Professional membership of the CIH (Desirable)
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a front line customer service
- A minimum of two years housing experience
- Basic knowledge of the welfare benefits system and of local and national grants available to households at risk of homelessness
- Knowledge of housing possession proceedings and defences
- Knowledge of current and imminent housing legislation, particularly relating to homelessness and tenancy law
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, Access, Excel, email and internet
- Right to Live and Work in the UK.
- Current DBS on the Update Service.
What we offer:
- Access to the 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
- You will have a Passionate Dedicated Consultant helping you find the shifts you are looking for with a Contactable 24-hour Support for any out of Hour queries.
- When registering you will be going through our efficient Compliance Service.
- Free Occupational Health Fitness to Work Certificate
We also offer an outstanding referral scheme for any friends or colleagues.
If you would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to Kasey Sanders Or email on, email@example.com
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Housing Allocations Officer - Loughborough
Salary: £14 per hour
Housing Advisor - Hammersmith & Fulham
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £23.28 - 23.28 per hour
Accommodation Support Worker - Manchester
Salary: £14.24 - 14.24 per hour
Tenancy Assistant - Hull
Salary: £12.37 - 12.37 per hour