Housing Options Officer - Shropshire
|Job Title:||Housing Options Officer - Shropshire|
|Salary:||£17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Housing Options Officer – Shropshire (Temp Vacancy)
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To ensure the delivery of Housing Options Service in accordance with the Council’s core values and service standards.
- To assist the Housing Operations Manager in providing a statutory customer focused, effective and efficient Housing Options Service.
- Carry out Local Authority duties under the Homelessness Act 1996 (as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002) and Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- To work with and to advise clients who are likely to become homeless and who are threatened with homelessness in order to prevent homelessness occurring. To work with private sector landlords, voluntary sector and statutory agencies and to develop a strategic preventative approach across the local authority area
- Refer all complaints and any legal challenges to the Senior Officer
- To liaise with the Senior Officer on complex cases
- Monitor caseload and report any significant changes to the Senior Officer
- To work towards achieving internal and external performance indicators
- To keep up to date with any relevant legislation including case law
- Will ensure that the service is delivered (and underpins the following) in accordance with the priorities of the council the Vision and Values of the Council the Councils commitment to openness and transparency and that it:
- Is supported by a comprehensive data base and provides “real time information”
- Is responsive to changes in legislation; national; regional and local priorities
- Provides the mechanisms to deliver continuous improvement
- Ensuring their individual and service performance targets are met.
- Working with colleagues to ensure the team functions successfully in support of the Councils corporate and service objectives.
- Interview and provide specialist housing and homeless prevention advice to customers who are facing housing difficulties, which may lead to homelessness.
- Interview homeless and potentially homeless applicants and investigate as necessary their circumstances to determine their eligibility in accordance with the Homelessness Legislation and to discharge the Council’s responsibility towards them. Investigations must be expedient and thorough in accordance with homelessness legislation.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records using necessary forms and purpose specific IT systems.
- Assist the Housing Operations Managers in providing statistical and performance management information as requested.
- To work closely with all members of the Housing Options Team to help develop and ensure the efficient operation of this service.
- To work closely with partner agencies to help further develop and ensure the efficient operation of the service.
- To assist in the development of initiatives and projects to prevent homelessness.
- Any other duty in line with this post and at the direction of the Senior Housing Options Officer or the Housing Operations Managers.
- To participate in the emergency out of hours responsive service for homelessness.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Private Housing Standards Officer
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £19.01 - 19.01 per hour
Housing Solutions Officer - Barry
Salary: £20 per hour
Housing Solutions Officer - Sheffield
Salary: £12.69 - 12.69 per hour
Housing Assistant - Enfield
Salary: £15 per hour
Resettlement Support Officer - Camden
Salary: £19 per hour