Housing Pathway Advisor - Swindon
|Job Title:||Housing Pathway Advisor - Swindon|
|Salary:||£15.96 - 15.96 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||4 days ago|
Housing Pathway Advisor – Swindon
Salary: £ 15.96ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To deliver high quality, customer focused advice and support to people in Oldham who find themselves homeless or at risk of homelessness. This will include providing housing advice to people in the district, and completing investigations into applications from customers who are at risk of homelessness as defined by the statutory duties under Housing Act 1996 Part VII, the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and relevant case law.
To provide support to the Council in delivering its statutory homelessness duties by taking homeless applications in an effective manner and ensuring the council is legally compliant, providing an out of hours service and meeting performance targets and standards.
- To provide a professional and effective housing options interview and homelessness investigation, taking a full application from customers and ensuring duties are carried out at the relevant stages within homelessness legislation.
- To assess customer’s needs accurately in accordance with the Care Act 2014, the Children Act 1989 and all relevant housing legislation.
- To undertake detailed casework with customers who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. This includes an assessment of legal duties owed, housing and support needs, the production of Personal Housing Plans and consideration of all suitable interventions and potential solutions to prevent homelessness.
- To visit customers who are potentially homeless and their excluders in order to assess and validate their current circumstances, as well as advising on options available to remain in existing accommodation.
- To organise specialist help and make referrals on behalf of customers to support them with specific problems e.g. substance misuse, mental health, debt management.
- To write and issue all required notifications, letters of referral to other authorities where the customer’s local connection lies elsewhere and outcome letters to advise the customer of the outcome of their initial interview. This includes ‘minded to letters’ and the drafting of the statutory s184 notification letters which must be approved by a manager before being sent.
- To respond to incoming enquires by whatever means they are received and to provide timely responses where required.
- To work with colleagues who provide the Temporary Accommodation Services in placing housing in line with policy and existing processes. To update housing records and issue customers with correct notification at the time of placing and where their placement is ended.
- To provide the Council’s Out of Hours Emergency Housing Service and Cold Weather Provision on a rota basis with other colleagues. To provide advice or practical assistance, including placing customers where it is established that they are roofless.
- To ensure that comprehensive, timely and accurate records are kept for all customers. To maintain computer records, reports and other monitoring information as required in connection with the duties undertaken
- To comply with all relevant legislation, Government Guidance, Codes of Guidance, policies and procedures, professional and performance standards and good housing and homelessness practice.
- To represent the Service and the Council at meetings in relation to the role and where required to do so.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's