Housing Solutions Officer - Barry
|Job Title:||Housing Solutions Officer - Barry|
|Salary:||£22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||21 days ago|
Housing Solutions Officer – Barry (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £22.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To contribute fully to the delivery of all services in relation to statutory homelessness services, homelessness prevention and housing advice.
- To help identify best practice in mitigating adverse impacts of Welfare Reform
- To establish positive relationships with agencies assisting homeless applicants, ensuring our excellent, valued relationship with Housing Benefit Dept continues.
- To mediate on behalf of potentially homeless clients with landlords, relatives and friends so as to minimize the incidence of homelessness and avoid people being evicted
- To work with the Housing Solutions Manager to ensure the delivery of quality Housing Solution services.
- To contribute fully towards the Council’s Core Objectives and the Council’s Housing Service Plan.
- To carry out interviews and home visits with persons who are homeless, threatened with homelessness or require housing advice in line with legal requirements and Council policies, with the aim of maintaining their current accommodation through early intervention; negotiation; and homelessness prevention.
- To ensure that the relevant statutory investigations are undertaken in line with legislation
- To make the relevant statutory decisions promptly and within agreed timescales.
- To implement the Council’s Housing Solutions Service to households experiencing any housing problem, including promotion of the Council’s private rented schemes and any other scheme or to work with other sections and departments of the Council and external agencies in seeking to resolve these problems or to carry out investigations.
- To carry out Housing Advice Surgery’s in various locations of the Vale of Glamorgan as directed
- To attend internal & external team meetings and relevant service related forums as directed.
- To visit potentially homelessness clients at their homes.
- To complete referrals and checks with Social Services in line with vulnerable adult and child protection policies
- To work closely with the Supporting People team to ensure that referrals are made for clients to access appropriate support
- To refer where necessary applicants experiencing relationship breakdowns to an appropriate support and mediation service.
- To liaise with the Temporary Accommodation Manager and hostel staff over the placement of homeless persons in the Council’s hostels or directly placed into other temporary accommodation and to carry out visits as necessary in relation to the clients homelessness application.
- To identify innovative ways that the Council’s homelessness prevention budget can be utilised in the prevention of homelessness.
- To liaise with Housing Management Colleagues in preventing homelessness from existing council tenants through early intervention and a joint case management approach
- To liaise with the voluntary sector, Registered Social Landlords, Building Societies, Banks, Police and other agencies in carrying out homelessness investigations and enquiries.
- To complete Housing Benefit application forms and verify claims with applicants entering Temporary Accommodation to ensure that maximum income can be collected, liaising closely with Housing Benefit dept to minimise delays in processing claims.
- To input, maintain and update the computer and paper/file records of all homeless persons including their homeless application and housing register application.
- To assist the Housing Solutions Manager in carrying out a review of any element of the service and to contribute towards the provision of regular reports, statistics and performance information as directed. To assist in the updating/development of policies, standards and procedures and service information.
- Ensure compliance with the Council’s Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Policies and Procedures
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's