Housing Solutions Officer - Islington
|Job Title:||Housing Solutions Officer - Islington|
|Salary:||£21.92 - 21.92 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Housing Solutions Officer – Islington (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £21.92ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To ensure an effective Housing Solutions Service is provided to Islington’s customers in housing need, including assessment and advice on Housing and related support.
To deputise for the Housing Advice Manager as needed.
- To deal with and difficult housing enquiries in order to ensure all customers have a positive experience and receive the right answer first time with consistent high quality.
- To provide appropriate basic advice and assistance on all matters of housing entitlement, eligibility and priority need for social housing.
- To ensure customers receive correspondence written in plain English which takes account of any special requirements and conforms to Islington‘s write first time and customer service standards.
- To ensure wherever possible by intervention, referral, advice, advocacy and joint working that homelessness is prevented by ensuring the broadest range of housing options is available to customers.
- To follow the departments procedures and protocols for the effective liaison and discharging statutory joint obligations.
- To enable mediation between landlords and tenants, parents relatives and family relationship breakdowns in order to prevent homelessness.
- To interview and carry out an initial assessment of all customers visiting the Housing Aid Centre.
- To give guidance regarding welfare benefits and income maximisation.
- To acquire and maintain up to date detailed knowledge of relevant housing legislation including current case law.
- To keep clear up to date accurate and written and computerised records. Maintaining confidentiality and security of information.
- To interview and visit applicants carry out inquiries within target timescales at alternative locations where necessary. Ensuring that supporting information and evidence is available to substantiate the decision in each case.
- To take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons/ vulnerable adults who you come into contact with.
- To provide information on, promote and refer customers to all available housing options, including special schemes, voluntary sector housing, private sector housing, shared ownership and other initiatives.
- To liaise closely and effectively with both internal and external colleagues. To refer clients where appropriate to other professionals and agencies. for advice on housing matters, welfare rights, social services, immigration and other issues using referral procedures.
- To advice and assess customers suitability for Home Shelter Scheme and make appropriate referrals to relevant agencies including MARAC, Police, Social Services and Area Housing Office
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
HR Co-ordinators - Islington
Salary: £19 per hour
Communications Officer - Woolwich
Salary: £25 per hour
Complaints Officer - Barnet
Salary: £20 per hour
Admissions Officer - Tooting
Salary: £20 per hour
Payroll Officer - Blackpool
Salary: £12.68 - 12.68 per hour