Housing Support Assistant
|Job Title:||Housing Support Assistant|
|Salary:||£10.00 - 12.45 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Housing Support Assistant.
The post is to work in a supported accommodation located in Guildford where our client provides support to homeless 24/7 staffing service. The post holder will need to ensure at all times a professional and supportive approach is maintained, especially when assisting clients in achieving their personalised support outcomes. The post holder will also need to assist in the day to day delivery of the service for supported schemes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Act as an initial point of reference on the phone, or in a reception area as required.
- Assist in the provision of a comprehensive housing management and support service, including working with tenancy agreements and collecting rents and charges.
- Carry out day to day office administrative functions to ensure that all records and files are maintained and held securely and that the confidentiality of information is upheld.
- Have an awareness of the clients support needs, working, under direction, supporting clients to help them achieve their agreed outcomes.
- Contribute to the formulation and delivery of person centred support plans.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day support and tenancy issues.
- Using IT systems appropriately including adding updates to the Support Database.
- Advises management promptly of any signs of problems or concerns about a client.
- Recognises signs of distress in clients and identifies ways to reduce this.
- To correspond and liaise as necessary with external agencies on behalf of clients.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs behalf of the client following agreed procedures.
- Work in line with, monitor and report any discrepancies in health and safety standards within schemes.
- Address and report any issues of anti-social behaviour to a senior staff member.
- Ensure culture and diversity issues for the clients are considered at all times, and report any forms of discrimination.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
- To clean and prepare rooms as appropriate.
- To participate in a shift rota system that includes weekend working.
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
- Experience of housing management and/or social care environment.
- Computer skills upper intermediate is necessary. Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Access, Microsoft word are essential
- The role will need more than admin skills as role holder will have daily contact with residents that have complex needs
- Good communications skills are highly required.
- DBS Check
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's