Housing Support Worker
|Job Title:||Housing Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.00 - 13.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||15 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking Housing Support Workers to provide services to our client based in Longsight, Manchester.
You will be working at a location which houses men with primarily a history of offending, secondary mental health problems, alcohol misuse and/or homelessness. The site can accept applicants from Greater Manchester referred by Probation and prioritise those with a Manchester connection and rough sleepers.
The client service offers Housing Related Support to men who are in need of short term housing who may have been sleeping rough, homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, including those leaving prison.
The role of a support worker is to provide accommodation based support, to enable our customers to successfully move on to more permanent accommodations.
The support worker role includes supporting our customers to help maintain and improve their health and wellbeing and to participate in meaningful activities.
The customers we support may have a range of different support risks and needs which may include Substance misuse, offending behaviour and mental ill health. All referrals are risk assessed for suitability.
The client requires candidates who have:
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups or those with complex needs
- Experience in rehousing vulnerable clients/work experience in the homeless sector
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- Experience of completing comprehensive support plans and risk & needs assessments is key.
- Knowledge and work experience in the homeless sector
- Knowledge of rehousing customers within the Manchester area is desirable
- Have an understanding of working in a psychological informed environment
- A good understanding of social landlords and the private rented Housing sector
- Good communication skills & IT skills
- An enhanced DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies, please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's