HR Resourcing Assistant
Location: Carlisle, CA3, Belfast
Role: Temp 6 weeks (initially) ASAP Start
Rate: £10.00 /£11.00 per hour
We are urgently looking for an individual with strong administration skills working in a HR department, applicants must have excellent customer service skills. You will need to be proficient with Microsoft packages, be able to work at a fast pace and have good attention to detail. Experience of working in a recruitment service would be preferable.
You will be working as part of the resourcing service providing an efficient and customer focused administration for recruiting managers including the provision of advice on policies and procedures. You will be building strong relationships with recruiting managers providing advice and guidance on relevant policies and procedures. Dealing with enquires in a sensitive and tactful manner using persuasive skills to ensure policies and procedures and followed by managers.
Applicants must have a good understanding of employment legislation and knowledge of NHS Jobs systems
- Provide advice to appointing officers on recruitment and selection policies and procedures
- Be responsible and accountable for a specific caseload of advertising and recruitment activity
- Review all job descriptions and person specifications prior to advertising to ensure compliance with Equal Opportunities Legislation and highlighting any quality issues
- Ensure all vacancies are advertised in the appropriate internal/external publications
- Review application forms highlighting any declarations to the recruiting manager.
- Issue interview letters and reference requests.
- Arranging for Service Users to sit on interview panels where appropriate.
- Issue appointment letter and other associated documentation.
- Issue contracts of employment and amendments to contracts.
- Create personal files for new starters
- Arrange attendance at induction.
- Ensure staff have the required pre-employment clearances before commencing employment.
- Maintain HR records, including databases and spreadsheets
- Deal with enquiries and recruitment issues from the general public, members of staff and management
- Develop and maintain close relationships with Recruiting Managers
- Respond to routine correspondence for internal and external distribution as required
- Undertake general administrative duties including photocopying, filing, taking telephone messages and other duties as required
- Assist with the provision of workforce information relevant to role
- Handle confidential information
- Undertake occasional administrative work with senior staff within the department
- Assist in the training of new recruitment staff
- Assist with HR related projects and initiatives as delegated by Resourcing Lead
Skills and personal qualities:
- Be Reliable. A Team Player, Being Positive/Approachable, Demonstrate initiative and being Polite and tactful
- To have basic IT skills including use of Microsoft word and outlook
- Demonstrate good attention to detail
- The ability to build and maintain professional relationships with managers.
- The ability to manage own workload
- The ability to produce high quality and accurate documentation.
- Knowledge of HR systems and procedures such as recruitment and terms and conditions.
- Understanding of employment legislation
- Knowledge of NHS Jobs systems
For further information or to apply for this role please contact Sharon Rai on 0208 514 9124