ICT Installations and Support Officer - Worcester
|Job Title:||ICT Installations and Support Officer - Worcester|
|Salary:||£14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
ICT Installations and Support Officer – Worcester (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £14.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Development, installation, configuration, deployment, relocation and support of ICT equipment and software for the Council.
- Providing professional ICT support and advice to customers and ICT colleagues.
- Assisting in ensuring that adequate stock levels of ICT devices are maintained.
- Provide technical input in relation to the purchase of new ICT equipment and the recycling and decommission of end-of-life, surplus or redundant IT equipment.
- To be responsible for the organisation, deployment and maintenance of ICT devices and associated peripherals, including new installations, upgrades and the redeployment of existing equipment at various sites around the county.
- Resolve incidents both remotely and on customer sites.
- To create standard and non-standard images for hardware, resolving any complex IT issues and ensuring the image is available in a timely fashion and requires minimal post-installation work.
- To provide advanced technical support to customers for ICT hardware, software, and associated peripherals.
- Customer liaison including keeping customers informed of the progress of their incidents and implementations.
- To participate in the provision of technical support to users from multiple locations, resolving incidents, getting involved in escalations, and if needed, directing calls to relevant teams / third party suppliers.
- Support activities such as logging, monitoring and prioritising incidents and service requests, ensuring that they are dealt with in a timely manner and in accordance with SLAs and service targets.
- To monitor the quality of information logged in calls and liaise with customer to obtain additional information, if required.
- Acquire an expert knowledge of products and provide specialist support within the team where appropriate.
- Assist with the exploitation and integration of new technologies and services for the Council.
- Produce and maintain support documentation as required.
- Contribute to the development of the necessary procedures and standards required to effectively support the proposed ICT initiatives. This includes: Incident Management, Problem Reporting / Problem Management, Change Management, Version Control, System Documentation - including network configuration, Audit Controls - Equipment Register and Software Library, Backup and Recovery Procedures, Acceptable Use Policy and Configuration management.
- To support complex projects of a level commensurate with the responsibility of the post, as designated by the Team leader.
- To assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software within the ICT CMDB (Configuration management Database).
- Participate in maintaining the ICT knowledge base by keeping content up to date and ensuring that documentation of the supported systems and software is available and in appropriate form.
- Deputise for the ICT Desktop Support Team Leader in their absence, by acting as the coordination point for the gathering and disseminating of relevant information and updates.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
- To undertake other such duties, training and/ or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the job/ or as detailed in the Directorate’s Health and Safety Policy.
- The duties described in this job description must be carried out in manner which promotes equality with the Council’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available