ICT Project Manager | Telford and Wrekin Council
4Recruitment Services require an ICT Project Manager to work for Telford and Wrekin Council.
Full-Time (37 Hours) Monday - Friday
Salary is £Negotiable per hour.
Project manage cross-cutting ICT / technical projects across the range of Resources directorate services in accordance with agreed project management principles to deliver service improvements and efficiencies.
Co-ordinate and direct cross-functional project teams, key stakeholder involvement and effective communication initiatives to ensure all projects are integrated and aligned to strategic priorities.
The successful ICT Project Manager will have experience and knowledge of:
- Project manages projects by utilising appropriate methodologies and their associated documentation such as Prince 2.
- Undertake discovery work by utilising appropriate information sources such as the internet, benchmarking with Local Authorities, industry reports and appropriate papers.
- If required employ business analysis techniques identifying key areas of improvement and high level efficiencies, which include cashable and no cashable savings, this may include leading business improvement workshops.
- Build and lead multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Determine business requirements and translate the requirements into specifications.
- Manage the tender, evaluation and acquisition process with expert assistance as required.
- Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to projects.
- Determine, monitor, and review all project resources to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements.
- Identify and manage all project risks.
- Manage all stakeholder relationships within the project
- Ensure that the project is managed to realise business benefits and that the frequent reporting is delivered to boards and key stakeholders.
- Lead on negotiations with suppliers.
- Chair meetings of project boards as and when required.
- Prepare complex reports for the business and management these will include findings reports, progress reports and lesson learned reports.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered in line with data protection and information security guidelines and policy.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to team members drawing on experience and knowledge gained whilst working in this area.
To apply for this the ICT Project Manager must have:
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- IT Project leading
- Full project life cycle
- Knowledge of Governance
- Excellent communication issues
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Any experience of supply chain or logistics would be advantageous
- Ability to manage projects using PRINCE2 methodology
- Knowledge of PRINCE2
- Ability to manage projects using the PRINCE2-aligned project management methodology
- Minimum of 2 Years PM Experience
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified/Unqualified Social Workers and Healthcare Professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Housing vacancies in your area:
Please contact Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.