ICT Technical Officer - Shropshire
|Job Title:||ICT Technical Officer - Shropshire|
|Salary:||£14.95 - 14.95 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
ICT Technical Officer – Shropshire (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £14.95ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- The post is located in ICT Services, and reports to the ICT Support Team Leader.
- The post holder will provide ICT and the wider authority with support on the management and configuration of end user devices, using a variety of software tools to achieve this.
- The post holder will take the lead in the systems administration of the Councils MDM software, including integrations with other software solutions (such as SNOW).
- Responsible to the ICT Support Team Leader who is in turn responsible for the post holder’s health and safety, training and development.
- Lead on the development and use of SCCM throughout Shropshire Council
- Lead on the development and use of SNOW throughout Shropshire Council
- Lead on the development and use of InTune throughout Shropshire Council
- Monitor the Councils end user devices to ensure they are compliant with relevant security and management policies
- Support the development and expansion of the department’s commercial activities (with a particular focus on services provided to schools and other educational bodies).
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers and colleagues through verbal and written methods, being sure that relationships are maintained and managed appropriately.
- Management of user accounts through several different tools, including Active Directory (AD) and Office365 admin centre
- Work to minimise security risks by protecting the integrity of applications, networks and data.
- Provide support and mentoring to other ICT staff as required
- Maintain and develop the councils machine imaging systems
- Maintain/create new images for new machines on and off the council’s domain
- Co-ordinate image deployments with the ICT support teams
- Report on the councils licensing position and take appropriate action to ensure that the organisation is not under or over licensed.
- Develop and enhance the utilisation of remote software deployments across the Councils equipment estate
- Maintain and develop the councils MDM platform
- Administration of SCCM, along with other endpoint and server administration tool(s)
- Responsible for development and system administration of the Councils Endpoint Management system (currently SCCM).
- Responsible for all interfaces with the Councils Endpoint Management system (currently SCCM)
- Responsible for development and system administration of the Councils Software Management system (currently SNOW).
- Responsible for all interfaces with the Councils Software Management system (currently Snow)
- Ensure that appropriate hardware asset management practices are enforced
- Responsible for development and system administration of the Councils Mobile Device Management system (currently Microsoft InTune).
- Responsible for all interfaces with the Councils Mobile Device Management system (currently Microsoft InTune)
- Assist with procurement activities in the Service Desk area
- Develop and maintain Endpoint Management systems external to the Councils primary network
- Monitor the equipment on the council’s domain to ensure that machines are not being misused or under utilised
- Remain up to date with developments and changes to PSN requirements and ensure that system(s) they hold responsibility for are compliant.
- Take the lead on implementation of new systems and ways of working
- Undertake other appropriate duties within the team as required
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available