Income Management Officer - London
|Job Title:||Income Management Officer - London|
|Salary:||£19 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Income Management Officer – London (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £19.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To undertake timely and robust recovery action to prevent arrears and maximise income; and to work collaboratively with colleagues in the team ensuring prompt escalation, legal or other recovery action is identified and actioned as necessary, regardless of tenure.
- To understand the rules for welfare benefit and the principles of income maximisation and to support tenants to improve their financial and digital capabilities, promoting and assisting them with the take-up and use of these services irrespective of tenure. Make referrals for tenants to internal services and external agencies to secure the best financial outcomes for them and HfH and provide excellent customer service in response to queries and whilst monitoring and managing accounts.
- To support tenants through home visits including during evening and weekends, benefit advice, understanding rent accounting and tenancy obligations as it relates to payments, providing an holistic approach to help residents to pay their rent and other charges.
- To understand and fully utilise the mobile and digital technologies, using the agreed IT systems as directed to prioritise debt prevention and collection, using your initiative to properly adapt actions to meet individual needs whilst achieving performance targets.
- To work collectively with colleagues and other teams across the Council and Hfh to provide an excellent income management service to residents, considering the wider needs of the team, department and HfH.
- To take prompt recovery action from the onset of the tenancy and as part of early preventative action to ensure a responsible payment culture is embedded in all areas of the income collection process so as to prevent the build-up of arrears.
- To pro-actively monitor rent accounts and implement effective solutions to stop tenants getting into debt, making timely referrals where necessary for the commencement or escalation of legal action or to the support services to enable them to maximise their benefit income or to obtain assistance to improve their financial capabilities.
- To show strong initiative in dealing with both current and Former Tenants’ arrears cases using best practice in the credit control and financial management sectors, maintaining regular, contact with tenants to ensure commitments / arrangements made are adhered to, escalating where necessary.
- To be fully aware of the available financial / digital inclusion products or services and be able to offer good quality advice and assistance, promoting affordable credit solutions, offering basic bank accounts, credit union membership and other viable alternatives to support financial empowerment. Liaising, signposting and making referrals to specialist teams or services as appropriate
- To be in frequent and regular contact with tenants where necessary to ensure they are fully aware of their obligations to pay their rent and other charges and of the consequences of non-payment, through interviews, home visits, telephone contact and taking enforcement action if required.
- Carry out a full assessment of a tenant’s circumstances, income and expenditure to ensure their arrears are cleared, payment agreements adhered to and appropriate referrals made.
- To respond to correspondence/ complaints/enquiries from a wide range of audience categories.
- To take appropriate recovery action, at the same time ensuring that the tenant is fully aware of the steps that will be taken where they incur arrears and how they can avoid the risk of eviction.
- To have a good understanding of welfare benefits and keep up to date on any changes in policy and legislation. To have a thorough understanding of the impact that welfare benefits changes can have on tenants and the risk this presents to the organisation.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Assistant Income & Debt Officer - Hackney
Salary: £19 per hour
Data Management Officer - Northampton
Salary: £19 per hour
Management Secretary - Southend
Southend on Sea
Salary: Market related
Resource Officer - Newham
Salary: £22 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Uxbridge
Salary: £20 per hour