Income Officer - Social Housing
|Job Title:||Income Officer - Social Housing|
|Salary:||£14 - 18 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking an Income Officer for our social housing client.
The focus of this role is to support customers to sustain their tenancies, maximise the organisation’s rental income and deliver income administration across a defined number of properties.
Our client require an income officer to cover regions - Gloucester, Cheltenham, Bristol, Bath, South Gloucestershire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire & Swindon
The working hours are from Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours. This is a hybrid role, the candidate will be required to go into an office once a week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Take responsibility for arrears management, rent collection and maximising income, working in partnership with colleagues using psychologically informed environments (PIE) and trauma informed care principles to:
- Ensure customers have a clear understanding of their responsibilities regarding the payment of rent and service charges and their impact on maintaining their tenure.
- Support colleagues by proactively engaging customers providing advice, guidance and co-produce plans as part of the responsive rent arrears management process.
- Manage the income management process, by co-producing a bespoke payment plan, tailored to the individual’s circumstances.
- Provide guidance and advice to customers to ensure they are financially included, sign-posting to relevant resources relating to benefit claims, debt issues, and money management.
- Make referrals to the clients Income Maximisation Team when dealing with complex cases.
- Proactively provide up-to-date advice relating to effective tenancy sustainment approaches to colleagues to assist in supporting customers with income management.
- Initiate a discussion with relevant parties on complex arrears cases to present facts about how the arrears will be managed.
- Support colleagues dealing with evictions where required.
- Provide advice to customers around setting up efficient payment options.
Provide administrative support by:
- Administrating petty cash for the required services.
- Assisting with the monitoring of income and expenditure.
- Generating and communicating rent statements to customers and colleagues as required.
- Maintaining and updating tenancy information, rent accounts and financial information on the appropriate digital platforms.
- Collating and submitting information, including funding and performance returns.
- Producing reports and other written documentation to support income management delivery as required
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Experience of working in a social housing environment.
- Experience in court for arrears possession cases
- Experience of working with vulnerable and diverse customer groups and individuals with complex needs
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to provide advice, support with the ability to empathise with customers who are facing a range of issues.
- Be confident and consistent and have confidence to make decisions to deal with effective rent arrears management.
- Competent level of literacy, numeracy, administrational and IT Systems skills (to be able to produce reports and other communications).
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's