Income Recovery Officer - Bexleyheath
|Job Title:||Income Recovery Officer - Bexleyheath|
|Salary:||£11.50 - 11.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Income Recovery Officer – Bexleyheath (Temp Vacancy)
Pay Rate: £11.50ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To monitor arrears of temporary accommodation charges and to take timely and effective action to minimise the amount of both current and former arrears owing.
- To ensure that a rent account is set up for every household in temporary accommodation.
- To work closely with the Council’s HB contractor to check that housing benefit payments have been made where appropriate and to resolve any queries in order to maximise income for the Council.
- Where arrears have accrued take prompt action to minimise the debt to the Council by contacting the debtor to request payment.
- Where households have left their accommodation owing rent take necessary action to trace the whereabouts of the household.
- To comply with the Council’s financial regulations for when preparing cases for write off.
- To keep up to date with any changes in Housing Benefit regulations which may effect households in temporary accommodation
- To closely monitor arrears level by reference to the rent account system and to provide monthly management information as well as other reports as and when required.
- To check the accuracy of the information kept on the rent account system and that the payments received are correct.
- To notify occupants of any changes in the amount of rent due from them to help reduce arrears accruing.
- To notify the Council’s HB contractor of any changes in the households’ circumstances to help to prevent overpayment of housing benefit.
- To negotiate repayment plans with households in arrears which may involve interviewing households at the Civic Offices or visiting them in their temporary accommodation.
- To recommend to the Senior Officer cases where action needs to be taken to to evict households from temporary accommodation and to notify households of this decision.
- To keep other Officers in the Housing Option Service, who are involved with a particular case, informed of the recovery action that is being taken.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post which may be required.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Admissions Officer - Manchester
Salary: £13 per hour
Paralegal Officer - Northallerton
Salary: £15 per hour
HR Support Officer
Salary: £12.85 - 12.85 per hour
Senior Communications Officer
Salary: Market related
Benefits Officer - Coventry
Salary: £10.39 - 10.39 per hour