Independent Domestic Violence Advisor
|Job Title:||Independent Domestic Violence Advisor|
|Salary:||£12.50 - 16.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking an Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) for our client based in Manchester to support High risk Domestic Abuse Victims.
The role of the IDVA service is to provide professional advice, information and support to survivors of intimate partner violence living in the community about the range, effectiveness and suitability of options to improve their safety and that of their children. This advice must be based on a thorough understanding and assessment of risk and its management, where possible as part of a multi-agency risk management strategy or MARAC process.
The IDVA service is based within the Adults Safeguarding Team and advisors will work to ensure that both vulnerable adults and children are safeguarded through the provision of the IDVA service, referral and multi-agency working.
The candidate must be able to work form the office in Manchester and also from home. As this is a front facing role, it is a requirement for candidates to have received the Covid vaccine or be willing to have this (unless medically exempt). Initial training will be office based at the start. The candidate must be able to complete some face to face visits in the community when required This can be done using public transport.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Coordinate and contribute to a responsive and efficient service user assessment service to determine their support needs and provide expert advice on a range of realistic and sustainable options within the context of relevant legislation.
- Ensure service users are referred to appropriate support services as necessary to improve outcomes and establish and maintain close joint working arrangements with other agencies and stakeholders.
- Work in collaboration with stakeholders and partners to actively help and support the identification and reduction of safeguarding risks to vulnerable residents of the city.
- Respond to all queries from a wide range of stakeholders, including both internal and external customers, in an efficient and courteous manner, using initiative and creative skills to respond appropriately to problems that arise.
- Work proactively and efficiently to manage workloads in a demand led and frontline service and incorporate a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Ensure all records, processes and systems are up to date and maintained to assist with data collection and performance management.
- Personal commitment to continuous self-development and service improvement.
- Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications
- · Candidates will require the Safeliives IDVA qualification and /or extensive knowledge and experience of working with victims of Domestic Abuse.
- · Must have experience of working with survivors of domestic abuse in order to support victims referred into the MARAC process through the criminal justice system, accessing civil remedies and reducing the risk of repeat victimisation and homelessness.
- · Completion of CAADA training or equivalent or willingness to attend CAADA training
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate resilience, work together with others to share knowledge and experience; have personal responsibility & be positively aspiring
- The post holder should have strong communication skills; ability to plan and organise; strong skills in problem solving & decision making and administrative skills.
- · Enhanced DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available