Independent Living Support Worker
|Job Title:||Independent Living Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.00 - 13.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking Independent Living Support Workers to provide services to our client who has a 15 bed supported accommodation based in Penrith, Cumbria.
The supported accommodation is for young single homeless people aged from 16-25 years old who require support in housing and training needs. The site accepts applicants from Cumbria County Councils homelessness referral policy. The service assesses those thought to be vulnerable and who may be finding it difficult to sustain a tenancy. Support levels are negotiated and planned according to the identified needs.
The role of the independent living worker is to provide accommodation based support, support with living skills, claiming benefits, employment/training and managing finances and budgeting. The foyer works in partnership with local training providers, employment agencies, schools and colleges.
The service is to enable the service users to successfully move on to more permanent accommodations and maintain and improve their health and wellbeing and to participate in meaningful activities.
The site operates its services from 9:00am – 8:00pm Monday to Sunday, so the role will require some weekend shifts.
The client requires candidates who have:
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups or those with complex needs
- Experience in rehousing vulnerable clients/work experience in the homeless sector
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- Experience of completing comprehensive support plans and risk & needs assessments
- Knowledge of homeless sector, training & employment and benefits is desirable
- Knowledge of rehousing customers within the Cumbria area is desirable
- Have an understanding of working in a psychological informed environment
- A good understanding of social landlords and the private rented Housing sector
- Good communication skills & IT skills
- An enhanced DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies, please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's