Independent Reviewing Officer
|Job Title:||Independent Reviewing Officer|
|Salary:||£24 - 27 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Independent Reviewing Officer to work with one of our clients based in Derby. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift Times may vary
Pay rates paying between £24 - £27ph
- Monitor the performance by the local authority of their functions in relation to the child’s case
- Participate in any review of the child’s case;
- Ensure that any ascertained wishes and feelings of the child concerning the case are given due consideration by the appropriate authority; and
- Perform any other function which is prescribed in regulations
- Work with the Head of Service Children’s Quality Assurance, Senior IRO and peer colleagues to provide effective systems for the reviewing process including secure reviews, agency placement reviews, residential and complex cases.
- Chair reviews of children in care, ensuring compliance with regulations, legislation and policy
- Participate as a standing member on secure accommodation panels if required and to attend secure accommodation reviews.
- Monitor the Looked After child’s case on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that plans for looked after children are based on a detailed and informed assessment, are up to date, effective and provide a real and genuine response to each child’s needs; preventing any ‘drift’ in care planning
- Make sure where appropriate, the child fully understands the implications of any changes made to his/her care plan and they understand how an advocate could help and his/her entitlement to one
- Ensure that the child’s current wishes and feelings have been established and taken into account, where appropriate, and promote the voice of the child within services
- Monitor the performance of the local authority’s function as a corporate parent and identify any areas of poor practice, not just around individual children but also more generally in relation to the collective experience of looked after children
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available