Junior Solicitor - Hammersmith & Fulham
|Job Title:||Junior Solicitor - Hammersmith & Fulham|
|Location:||Hammersmith & Fulham|
|Contact Name:||Megan Eastop-Stanley|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
Junior Solicitor (Litigation) – Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £27.97 Per Hour (Umbrella)
Full Time: Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
To contribute to the efficient and cost-effective of legal services within a culture of customer focus, continuous improvement, service excellence and employee development. In particular to provide professional/ technical advice and guidance in civil and criminal litigation to colleagues, managers and partner agencies to contribute to delivery of our clients’ objectives and priorities.
- Conduct proceeding in the County Court, High Court, Crown Court and Magistrate Court or any other Tribunal and comply with applicable time limits. The post holder’s case load may include high profile, politically sensitive and financially weighted cases.
- Appears as our clients advocate in Courts, Tribunals, Inquiries, or other hearings as appropriate.
- Draft, prepare and collate pleadings, witness statements, summonses, complaints, indictments, and other legal documentation. Advise on law and evidence.
- Provision of advice to the Borough Solicitor in relation to his/her monitoring officer duties on the risk to the Council in respect of any legal implications arising from litigation and matters dealt with by the team.
- Conduct and arrange training for officers in client departments and the litigation team.
- Contribute to the implementation of various quality systems within Legal Services and meet performance targets.
- Meet annual chargeable hours target.
- Undertake any other duties and requirements appropriate to the grading of the post.
- Provided advice on a substantial matter of policy which may involve an innovative or creative response.
- Taken the lead on an area of work dealt with by the section such as anti- social behaviour, criminal law, housing or landlord and tenant including new areas of work.
- Draft and advise on reports for Cabinet, cabinet Members. committees and Sub- Committee and attend such committees and other meetings as the Borough Solicitor may require. Advise elected Members as necessary and ensure that all procedural/standing orders requirements are complied with.
- Brief Counsel in accordance with the Legal Services’ procedures and, when necessary, attend conference with Counsel.
- Monitor changes in legislation and case law affecting the range of matters dealt with in the team and update other team members and clients.
- Provide expert advice to Officers and Members as required, particularly on matters relating to anti- social behaviour, housing, landlord and tenant, civil and criminal litigation.
- Advise and assist all Directors and Assistant Directors on policies and practices and in identifying any contraventions to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Represent the Borough Solicitor at internal and external meetings.
- Experience of advocacy at contested or defended hearings.
- Assisted in the development of precedents and procedures relating to the work of the litigation team.
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Fellow of CILEX entitled to practice in England and Wales.
- Experience of advocacy in the Magistrates’ and County Court
- Broad knowledge of local government law or equivalent knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of civil and criminal litigation.
- Experience of drafting legal documents, including pleadings
- Desirable to have experience of working within Local Government
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Megan Eastop- Stanley on 07587 327813 or via email Megane@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's