Lawyer - Childcare
|Job Title:||Lawyer - Childcare|
|Salary:||£25 - 28 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||15 days ago|
We are currently looking for a Lawyer – Childcare to work with one of our clients based in Camden. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
08:00 am - 17:00 pm
Pay rates between £25 - £28ph
To provide a high quality and comprehensive legal service on all aspects of law relating to childcare. To appear in court and in chambers on litigious matters as appropriate
- To be responsible for the provision of legal advice and casework and the delivery of a high quality client focused service on behalf of the Childcare Team
- To create effective working relationships and work in partnership with service directorates, lawyers and other teams in the delivery of legal services
- To contribute to effective communication within the team, across Law and Governance and Service Directorates.
- To be responsible for the preparation and processing of all matters relevant to any proceedings relating to work of the team, including the evaluation of evidence, instructing Counsel, interviewing witnesses, preparing proofs of evidence and witness statements.
- To undertake litigious cases where appropriate.
- To be responsible for undertaking advocacy (up to 3 or 4 days) where the postholder has a right of audience on all matters relating to the work of the Council and its Service Directorates.
- To draft all necessary pleadings and other documents and to provide concise and clear written and oral legal advice to officers including chief officers and Members.
- To undertake legal research where necessary and in particular in respect of new legislation.
- To work effectively with other colleagues and team members in respect of complex work or projects, including the provision of training on legal issues to internal and external persons or agencies.
- To utilise the legal case management system and assist in the implementation of any new information technology or other systems that may be necessary for the efficient working of the team/department.
- To be responsible for preparing reports for and attending committees, working parties and other meetings where legal advice is required.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's