Lawyer - Wigan
|Job Title:||Lawyer - Wigan|
|Salary:||£35 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Lawyer – Wigan
Full-Time (37 hours)
As a Team Lawyer – People you will report to the Group Lawyer - People and be part of a client focussed and outcomes driven legal and democratic function.
You will operate in the areas of law of Children’s social care, Education, Adult social care, Health and Contentious Housing.
You will work closely with clients to assist them in the delivery of their service objectives and priorities, providing advice, support and assistance to client officers, Elected Members, Partner Organisations and other key stakeholders from across the public and private sector.
You will advise, prepare and conduct proceedings acting as an advocate for the Council at court, tribunals, inquiries and other statutory and legislative hearings.
You will work collaboratively with colleagues across the Division to provide a high quality, efficient and professional legal and democratic service, assisting with the delivery of service objectives, client satisfaction and performance targets.
- Handle a personal legal caseload which could include complex and significant cases;
- Advise, prepare and conduct proceedings on behalf of the Council. Acting as an advocate for the Council at court, tribunals, inquiries and other statutory and legislative hearings;
- Manage the instruction, use and involvement of Counsel and external lawyers in appropriate cases;
- Draft complex and significant legal documents engaging in detailed negotiations with parties as appropriate;
- Attend meetings with committees, panels and officers advising on complex and significant legal matters;
- Provide specialist legal advice to clients to assist them in the delivery of their objectives and priorities;
- Assist the service in identifying areas for continuous improvement which provide value for money, efficiency benefits and high levels of service delivery;
- Develop and improve the knowledge of officers and Elected Members by giving advice, guidance, delivering training and production of briefing notes;
- Assist with projects ensuring they are delivered, on time, on budget and contribute to the corporate visions and priorities;
- Supervise, support and mentor lower graded staff within the Division;
- Maintain partnerships with stakeholders that enhance the provision of and delivery of services;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of quality assurance policies and procedures;
- To develop, maintain and update appropriate systems.
- Experience of providing legal advice to assist and guide clients when making decisions which may include complex and significant issues;
- Experience of advising, preparing and conducting proceedings on behalf of the Council;
- Experience of acting an as advocate for the Council at court, tribunals, inquiries and other statutory and legislative hearings;
- The ability to manage the instruction, use and involvement of Counsel and external lawyers’ in appropriate cases;
- Experience of drafting complex and significant legal documentation engaging in detailed negotiations with parties as appropriate;
- Experience of dealing with a significant caseload within the areas of work listed above with minimal supervision;
- The ability to supervise, support and mentor lower graded staff within the Division;
- Proven track record in a pressurised and deadline driven environment;
- Be able to represent the service and the Council at local level;
- The ability to be positive, accountable and courageous in delivering the service priorities and clients objectives;
- Well-developed skills to influence and persuade decision-makers using written and verbal reasoning which is based on fact;
- A commitment and understanding of diversity and equality.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's