Learning and Information - Islington
|Job Title:||Learning and Information - Islington|
|Salary:||£15 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Learning and Information – Islington (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £15.00ph
Part-Time (29.5 hours)
- To provide high quality, customer focused Library and Heritage Services.
- To carry out day to day duties connected with customer care and/or the maintenance and supply of stock as directed
- Public service routines including shelving, shelf tidying, using ICT to issue and discharge borrowed items, register new users, telephone answering, and using a till for calculating charges and giving change.
- To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner
- Deal with enquiries by providing accurate information and by referring on to other sources or colleagues as appropriate.
- Adhering to good standards of customer care at all times.
- Carry out routine aspects of library interloans procedures.
- To promote social inclusion in all aspects of service delivery.
- To assist in reader development and promotional activities including story reading and rhyme time activities with children of all ages.
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION DUTIES
- Input to bibliographic databases as required.
- Unpacking, checking and servicing new materials and/or the repair and preparation of stock
- Assisting in purchasing routines as necessary.
- Take responsibility for day-to-day management of a service point as required.
- Assist in staff training and supervision as necessary.
- Produce routine statistics as required, and other clerical and administrative duties as necessary.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in line with the Council’s health and safety policy and relevant health and safety legislation.
- At all times carry out responsibilities and duties with due regard to the Council’s Dignity for All Policy.
- Ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
- To take responsibility for own personal development and professional awareness.
- To achieve agreed service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
- To work in a corporate, co-operative and collaborative way with other Council officers.
- To work effectively within teams and take responsibility for constantly trying to improve the overall performance of the Library and Cultural Services
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- To use, and assist others to use, information technology systems to the benefit of the service and its customers.
- Ensure that all services within the area of responsibility are provided in accordance with the Council’s commitment to high quality service provision to customers.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Islington - Customer Service Agent
Salary: £19 per hour
Learning Centre Assistant
Kingston upon Thames
Salary: £14 per hour
Benefits and Housing Needs Officer - Hackney
Salary: £20.06 - 20.06 per hour
Payroll and Pension Consultant - Twickenham
Salary: £33 per hour
Payroll Processing and Control Officer - Romford
Salary: £22 per hour