|Job Title:||Learning Coach|
|Salary:||£15 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||23 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Learning Coach to support our client based in Wandsworth. This position is 5 days per week (7.5 hours per day), and is £15 per hour.
The Learning Coach is to support and mentor learners with social, emotional and mental health needs, a disability, learning difficulty or medical condition; and or with ESOL, English and Maths support needs to enable them to successfully complete their qualifications, course and where appropriate, education, health and care plan (EHCP) outcomes.
You will be providing each learner with the support needed to carry out their learning effectively, and implementing and delivering support as directed by Lead Professionals, lecturers and other relevant professionals. You will also be implementing agreed individual programmes of support for learners to enable them to achieve qualification aims, develop independence, enhance progression opportunities and progress towards EHCP outcomes. You will safeguard learners and promote their well-being in all aspects of their learning
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To provide outstanding support to all learners with social, emotional and mental health needs, a disability, learning difficulty or medical condition; and or ESOL, English and Maths support needs, to access their planned learning opportunities.
- To act as a learning mentor to support learners’ academic success, health and wellbeing and preparation for adulthood as appropriate.
- To undertake examination support activities.
- To work with learners considered to be ‘at risk’ including those with communication and social interaction difficulties to develop resilience, confidence and independence.
- To work in partnership with academic staff and be proactive in keeping tutors informed of learners ‘progress by keeping high quality support records to audit standards and deadlines using college recording systems such as Promonitor.
- To contribute to the development and review of learners’ individual agreed support plans and risk assessments and ensure they are followed in all aspects of college life.
- To support learners to develop confidence and independence in their educational, social and work-related learning through the use of teaching and learning strategies as directed by Lead Professionals, lecturers and other relevant professionals.
- To support learners to record and report on their own progress in relation to their targets and EHCP outcomes, as well as completing records to evidence progress as required.
- To write and review short-term smart targets and contribute to frequent reviews of learner’s progress with regard to their education, social development and independence including at annual EHCP reviews.
- Where required physically support learners for example, pushing wheelchairs, using evacuation chairs and other specialist equipment following training.
- To, following training, support learners with all aspects of their personal and intimate care.
- To, following training, support learners in the storage and administration of medication as required. This includes recording and reporting on the process.
- Enhanced DBS
- Able to take guidance and instruction from manager
- Able to organise and prioritise
- Willing to undertake further training provided by company
- Willing to support service users with medication and personal care
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's