Leasehold Finance Officer - Hackney
|Job Title:||Leasehold Finance Officer - Hackney|
|Salary:||£18 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Leasehold Finance Officer – Hackney (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £20.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To work as part of the Leasehold Finance Team responsible for; the calculation of service charges; major works; reserve fund; shared ownership rent and ground rent; the production of the estimated, interim and actual invoices; and, the billing of service charge and rent payers, including service of Section 20B notices.
- To prepare and issue appropriate Section 20 notices for all schemes and services, including Qualifying Long-Term Agreements.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality customer services to the Council’s residents.
- To effectively maintain the service charge and major works database/module making accurate changes to customer accounts.
- To carry out a range of financial administrative functions to ensure the successful delivery of Leasehold and Right to Buy Services (LRTBS).
- In collaboration with Leasehold Finance Colleagues calculate annual and major works service charges to produce estimated, interim and actual invoices which are accurate, reasonable, and in accordance with legislation and local procedures and policies.
- To collate all financial records pertaining to communal and structural expenditure in relation to property service charges and major works, and be responsible for the high level of accuracy and maintenance of financial information provided for the calculation of service charges and major works.
- To carry out necessary accountancy functions for the production of service charges, major works, reserve fund, ground rent and shared ownership rent.
- To calculate and issue Section 20B notice to protect the financial position of the landlord.
- To maintain and update electronic and manual records, including supporting documentation, in relation of annual and major works properties.
- To provide clear and timely reports for investigations, as and when required, to leaseholders and/or representatives.
- To record and report any errors or inaccuracies within the accounting processes and financial recording systems, and to implement any appropriate improvements to ensure an efficient service.
- To liaise with appropriate Council departments, sections, regulatory bodies, auditors and partners to encourage good practice and effective service charge accounting.
- To provide appropriate background information and to perform necessary calculations for all service charge and major works enquiries, including Section 125 offer notice information.
- To prepare and compile Leasehold Services monthly performance reports, distributing necessary information to appropriate parties throughout London Borough of Hackney (LBH).
- To assist the Senior Leasehold Finance Officer with reviewing and benchmarking key performance strategies and effective working practices for managing a successful LRTBS, focusing particularly on local and national housing organisations.
- To verify all payments made by the Service Area, both externally and internally, ensuring that they are correctly authorised and coded.
- To liaise with internal and external auditors (or any other similar group, person or body) providing required information and to assist with implementing agreed recommendations as directed by LRTBS Managers.
- To provide accurate and timely advice and information to colleagues within LRTBS about service charges in order to facilitate the decision making process on all areas of Leasehold Finance.
- To assist the Senior Leasehold Finance Officer with budget monitoring coordination and day–to-day transaction processing functions within the LRTBS to ensure that all regular budgetary returns are undertaken accurately and within set deadlines to the Housing Finance Team.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available