Leasehold Officer (Social Housing Services) | Brent Council | Wembley
3 Month Temp Contract
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Leasehold Officer for Brent Council in Wembley.
You will provide an efficient, effective and responsive administration and management service to the leasehold portfolio customers ensuring that customers fulfil the obligations of their lease, their schemes are well managed and that their income is maximised.
- To deliver the statutory consultative programme for leasehold major works and service charges, including responding to observations and associated correspondence from residents. Together with Leasehold Finance Officers, support the production of corresponding service charges and estimates and all the associated enquiries and disputes.
- Provide a comprehensive leasehold consultation service on a patch basis or any other designated area.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the legislation and best practice in relation to leasehold consultation and leasehold management.
- To provide prompt and accessible consultation services for Leaseholders including; the calculation of service charges; major works billing; reserve fund; shared ownership rent and ground rent.
- To plan and successfully deliver a range of leaseholder statutory consultation documentation that includes details of works, potential timescales and calculation of charges.
- Ensure leaseholders' observations during the consultation period are responded to, within time limits, liaising with the relevant staff in other departments.
- To be responsible for key decisions during the co-ordination and delivery of section 20/20b consultations in accordance with statutory timescales and notifications. Ensuring that these are carried out in accordance with the lease.
- To work in collaboration with colleagues in the Leasehold Income Team to calculate annual and major works service charges to produce estimated, interim and actual invoices which are accurate, reasonable, and in accordance with legislation and local procedures and policies
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of methods of recovery of arrears of rent and service charges in respect of leaseholders
- Direct experience and knowledge of housing legislation as it affects leaseholders
- Knowledge of assignment of leases
- Knowledge of the implications for landlords of the consultation requirements of the Common hold and Leasehold Reform Act. 2002.
- Knowledge of current leasehold issues and an ability to interpret and put into effect relevant legislation
- Day to day management of leasehold properties, including the control and recovery of arrears rent and service charges
- Enforcement of terms of home ownership leases
- Liaison with Solicitors in matters of assignment of leases
- Setting service charges and reconciling accounts
- Property and estate management
Salary is £14 - £17ph.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Scarlett D'Vaz on 0208 514 9139.