Leaving Care Personal Advisor
|Job Title:||Leaving Care Personal Advisor|
|Salary:||£13 - 16 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||1 day ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Leaving Care Personal Advisor. The purpose of the role will be to contribute towards the provision of an effective Personal Advisor service for young people, preparing to leave care or who have left care. To discharge the personal advisor role and take responsibility for an individual case load and pathway planning
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To undertake direct work with post 16 individuals and take the lead role in reviewing young people’s Pathway Plans and Risk Assessments
- To carry out actions as outlined in the Pathway Plan and be involved in the preparation, co-ordination, and review of the Pathway Plan in accordance with required standards and timescales.
- To achieve good liaison, communication and networking within the local authority, statutory and independent agencies and local communities, ensuring an effective cohesive service for all children and young people.
- To work directly on an individual basis or in groups to deliver services for assessed needs.
- To prepare and maintain records and documentation related to the work using IT systems for this and be accountable for that work.
- To attend and participate in Looked After Children reviews /CAF/CIN and other meetings which concern children and young people in care or who have left care.
- To attend and participate in team meetings as required and to represent the service where appropriate, to other agencies and groups.
- To fully participate in individual supervision and appraisal and work under the general direction of the Team Manager.
- To work under the guidance of senior workers within the team as and when appropriate to do so.
- To take part in staffing the duty rota responding to children and young people who may be in crisis, taking enquiries from out of area young people not known to the service and organising any necessary support and financial reciprocal arrangements.
- To adhere to all national and local practice standards, policies and procedures in this service area.
- To support and involve children and young people in the existing mechanisms, processes and new initiative which promote their participation in the development of the service and the wider community.
- Recent relevant experience, paid or unpaid, of working with or supporting this user group or other such vulnerable young people.
- Experience of team working and interagency working.
- Knowledge and understanding of the difficulties young people face in making the transition from adolescence to adulthood.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000 and other related legislation.
- Understanding of and ability to implement duties around safeguarding children and young people in line legal requirements and local policies and procedures
- Knowledge of models that support young people in accessing employment, education & training (Employability specialist)
- Ability to engage and work positively with children and young people some of whom may have complex needs.
- Ability to carry a caseload and plan and review work effectively.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a sensitive, effective and professional manner with service users, their carers and families, and other professionals
- Ability to undertake assessments of young people and to develop implement and review relevant plans to a high standard and within agreed timescales
- Ability to participate creatively in the development of the service – particularly in relation to Employability.
- Good standard of ICT skills
- Enhanced DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's