Legal Assistant - Newham
|Job Title:||Legal Assistant - Newham|
|Salary:||£15 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Legal Assistant – Newham (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £15.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To provide effective administrative support to the legal service, in the provision of advice to Councils, their Members and Officers and external stakeholders.
Support the provision of legal expertise through a shared delivery back office support service and contribute to the delivery of a portfolio of high quality, solution focused legal work across multiple disciplines and sites and to customers in different organisations
- Support the service’s legal teams with a full range of administrative tasks with minimal supervision and assist the Elections team when required.
- Support teams on project work when required including fact finding, research, maintaining project plans.
- Input data and produce management information from the services legal case management system for lawyers and produce standard letters and documents.
- Identify the need for support tasks and take appropriate action to provide. Such things may include but are not limited to filing and archiving, preparing court bundles, handling incoming and outgoing post, administering the sealing of documents, collection and delivery to courts and third parties, booking and meeting minutes.
- Assist Lawyers and Legal Officers with legal research and basic case work
- Meet and greet clients and invited guests when required including on occasion members of the public.
- Maintain various manual and electronic systems including corporate IT systems, spreadsheets, databases and the legal case management system. Be able to manipulate date to produce information for internal clients, service personnel and third parties.
- Undertake the sealing of deeds, contracts and other documents
- Support the Head of Business Operations Legal and Governance and the Lawyers with maintain Lexcel accreditation.
- Any other duties/tasks as required that are commensurate with the general area of responsibility and grade of the post.
- oneSource is committed to and champions equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service provision. All employees are expected to understand and promote this approach in their work.
- Adherence to Health and Safety requirements and proper risk management is required from all employees in so far as is relevant to their role. All employees are expected to understand and promote good health and safety practices and manage risks appropriately
- Deal with any Safeguarding issues that might arise, in line with the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Comply with Health and Safety Regulations associated with your employment.
- Be aware of the council’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1984 for the security, accuracy and relevance of all personal data held on such systems and ensure that all processes comply with this.
- To treat all information acquired through your employment, both formally and informally, in strict confidence.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Arboricultural Services Officer - Newham
Salary: £18.55 - 18.55 per hour
Direct Payments Officer - Newham
Salary: £23 per hour
Finance Assistant - Ilford
Salary: £15 per hour
Facilities Assistant - Somerset
Salary: £10.79 - 10.79 per hour
Direct Payment Payroll and Advice Officer - Woolwich
Salary: £22.76 - 22.76 per hour