Legal Executive | Devon County Council
Contract with a possible extension - Full Time 37 Hours – 9am to 5pm
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Legal Executive for Devon County Council.
The main purpose of the job is to provide legal advice and assistance to Directorates and educational establishments in civil, childcare, adult social care and criminal matters.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Draft and approve deeds, documents, applications and orders and deal with correspondence in order to undertake all aspects of legal work.
- Provide legal advice to officers from other departments on conveyancing, civil, childcare, adult social care, criminal and property related matters.
- Conduct of civil litigation, childcare and adult social care on behalf of Devon County Council to include drafting of pleadings, taking witness statements, attendances at mediation, small claims hearings, Court hearings and instructing Counsel when required.
- Provision of legal advice and assistance to directorates and schools on legal matters as required.
- Upon instructions from the Council’s property managers to draft and negotiate leases for all types of premises owned or occupied by the Council, both as landlord and as tenant as necessary.
- To prepare legal charges to secure funds provided by the Council in connection with Residential Home care fees and adaptations to premises to accommodate disabled persons and/or foster carers.
- Deal with all mortgage related issues in relation to legal charges granted to or by the Council.
- Undertake all types of conveyancing work in relation to all property matters
- To provide support and advice to Area Highway Management Officers as required
- Take part in the Legal Services’ Out of Hours service to provide assistance to the Emergency Duty Team on matters of Childcare and Adult Social Care
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade as may be assigned by any Legal Services Manager.
What you will need –
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in Legal Administration
- Legal experience within a council
- To be educated to a degree level
- Computer literate
Salary is £Negotiable per hour
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Heddle on 0208 911 1083.