Legal Support Assistant | Guildford Borough Council
3 Month Contract with a possible extension - Full Time 37 Hours – 9am to 5pm
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Legal Support Assistant for Guildford Borough Council.
The workload will be broad and varied. You will provide administrative support such as diary management, organising travel arrangements, checking correspondence and ensuring all files are maintained and the information is up to date. You will take internal and external telephone queries and ensure that all messages are passed onto the appropriate person. This role will require you to be an active part in the care of clients and ensure all their details remain up to date on the system and deal with basic client queries. You will assist fee earners with their billing and answer inbound department telephone calls.
Duties will include -
- To undertake general administrative work, paralegal tasks, basic legal research, and the preparation of routine documents for legal transactions.
- To assist the legal team with inputting information into standard forms, preparing and engrossing legal document and arranging for the signing and sealing of documents.
- To assist, from time to time, as required, with word processing, scanning, photo copying duties for the team.
- To schedule meetings and assist with the preparation of paperwork for such meetings. To answer the phones for the team when team members are not available.
- To participate in all necessary training as required.
- To undertake any other duties of a similar nature as may be requested by Management.
- During the course of your employment you are required to follow the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Council’s own Health and Safety Policy and Guidelines.
- During the course of your employment you are required to observe and follow both the spirit and specific obligations placed on all staff by the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
What you will need –
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in Administration
- Administration experience within a council
Salary is £11.73 - £13.57 per hour
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Heddle on 0208 911 1083.