Licensing Officer | Reigate and Banstead Borough Council | Surrey
3 Month Temp Contract - Part Time - 18 hours a week
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Licensing Officer for Reigate and Banstead Borough Council.
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively as part of a team, be capable of preparing relevant correspondence, records, technical reports and statements of evidence and able to prioritise and manage workloads. You must be able to demonstrate recent relevant experience.
Your role may include:
- Process and manage various kinds of licensing applications
- Give licensing advice (both face to face and written)
- Monitor compliance with licence conditions
- Write and amend licences and their conditions
- Prepare written statements for use in committee and court
- Assist/organise/manage taxi driver knowledge tests
- Undertake inspections and carry out enforcement of licenced premises and vehicles
- Respond to complaints relating to licensed individuals and premises
- Review and amend council policy and condition documents and webpage content
- Liaise with other regulatory bodies, Councillors and our legal team on a regular basis
What you will need:
- Fully qualified and experienced Licensing Officer, with a minimum of three years post qualification experience.
- Ability to progress projects in a timely manner in accordance with Corporate Guidelines.
- Ability to conduct 1:1 case load management and to be able to report issues there from.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience of a variety of effective communications techniques
- Political awareness and the ability to escalate issues to Senior Managers to enable them to properly inform elected Members
- Competent user of Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in order to maximise the benefits of project implementation
- Has general business awareness and ability to use this in order to support improvement in the programme
Salary is £13 - £15 ph.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Scarlett D'Vaz on 0208 514 9139.