Licensing Officer - Swindon
|Job Title:||Licensing Officer - Swindon|
|Salary:||£14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
Licensing Officer – Swindon (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £14.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To oversee and ensure compliance with all non-highway licensing legislation enforced by the Council which includes premises licensing, street trading, animal welfare, taxi and private hire, safety at sports grounds, skin piercing and tattooing.
- Acting as the primary point of delivery for licensing validation, approvals, and registrations. Monitoring developments in Licensing practice and the business and regulatory environment in which businesses operate.
- Carry out inspection and enforcement action in respect of unlicensed or non-compliant activities. Oversee and participate in partnership working with external organisations such as the Police, Pub Watch, businesses, in-Swindon and any other stakeholders to facilitate collaborative solutions to shared outcomes.
- Manage electronic systems for recording licence applications and compliance of authorisations issued.
- To assist the Licensing Manager in the administration and enforcement of all relevant licensing functions and to deputise for the Licensing Manager as appropriate
- To be responsible for validating, processing and making decisions on licensing applications and where appropriate undertake consultation or mediation
- To be responsible for all duties associated with the administration of the licensing service including the management and maintenance of the licensing database, the receipt and processing of official applications, data entry, amendment and retrieval, monitoring, identifying and reporting on licensing trends and collating official returns.
- To ensure that all licensing fees are collected and recorded in an efficient and effective manner
- Certify, record, where appropriate authorise and act upon licence applications, sharing incoming data with partners on an informed basis and as appropriate.
- To be responsible for interpreting licensing legislation and guidance when dealing with all licence applications
- To be able to recognise, interpret and work to statutory guidelines as defined in licensing legislation
- To work closely with and support Wiltshire Police Licensing Service, Anti Social Behaviour team and other partners as directed by the Licensing Manager
- Inspect premises to check compliance with licensing conditions and to support multi-agency working
- To inspect private hire and hackney carriage vehicles as required and take appropriate enforcement action
- To process and administer private hire and hackney carriage driver and vehicle applications
- Carry out enforcement activity to check compliance with relevant legislation; to examine procedures and check products and equipment as may be required
- Investigate complex breaches of legislation including taking of statements; gathering evidence and interviewing under caution persons suspected of offences in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, associated legislation and procedural requirements, and in conjunction with the Licensing Manager, take appropriate enforcement action in line with Council policies. The investigation may include the seizing of evidence; the taking of witness statements; the submission of goods and samples for testing; the interviewing of suspected offenders; and the issuing of statutory notices to prevent unsafe goods being moved, sold or to require goods to be recalled, or to issue improvement, prohibition and closure notices of premises where competent to do so.
- Prepare reports for prosecution/ licensing review in accordance with evidential requirements; make recommendations as to further action and give evidence in court as required.
- To carry out licensing visits of pet shops, riding establishments, tattooists, skin piercers and animal boarding establishments
- To prepare and present reports to Licensing Committee, panels or hearings in respect of all licensing matters as required
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's